So, we are doing something a little different here on the blog today. Bliss Ranch and Cassie of Primitive & Proper put together this ‘So, I Married a Creative’ blog hop of design bloggers to really get down to the truth behind our blogs. Who better to tell you the secrets behind our blogs than our spouses!
My husband, Dave, is the support system I need when I have ideas. He’s my partner in DIY. He will be the first to tell you that he knows nothing about interior design or style, so he happily leaves that all to me. Match made in heaven, right? He does help me build things and when it comes to heavy remodeling, he is all in. In fact, he stayed up late with me last night to work on a project. That’s love folks and I am well aware of that fact. We’ve been married over 12 years and he is the one person on this earth that really knows me and yet he still loves me despite all my flaws.
With hesitation and sweaty palms, I turn you over to Dave who I interviewed 20 question style with the provided questionnaire…
1. What is your favorite project Kristin has done and why?
The bookcases because of the level of thought and detail that went into designing them that most people would not appreciate just by glancing at them.
DIY Library Wall made with Ikea Billy Bookcases
2. What is your least favorite project and why?
The Christmas deer art she made out of glitter…it was too crafty for my taste. Even then, that one was not bad, it actually was her first project that went viral when she started her blog.
DIY Glitter Reindeer Art
3. What is one creative item or tool that Kristin cannot live without?
Me. (he laughs, and he is right!!!)
4. What is your biggest pet peeve about Kristin in the real world or the blogging realm?
This is just a marital trap! When she has a tight deadline and I feel pressured to help her finish things. (#truthbomb)
5. If you could take Kristin on vacation anywhere, where would she want to go?
Paris. (and we hope to be there next year!!!)
6. Kristin finds $100. What does she do with it?
Buy pillows. (Duh.)
7. What is your favorite room in your house and why?
Our living room because that is where 2 of my favorite projects are…the built-ins and the fireplace makeover.
DIY Fireplace Makeover
8. Creativity is messy, but for the most part blogs show the pretty picture. Can you tell us how Kristin is a secret slob?
I don’t like these questions. (laughing) The mess behind the camera when she is staging for a photoshoot. She’ll have a million things on the floor as options. (yep. that’s true)
9. Name a project or decorating adventure that you thought would be a flop but turned out fabulous?
That green bar cabinet that she did for Creating with the Stars. I thought for sure that only having a couple days to build an entire piece of furniture and shoot photos would be a tragedy. She pulled it off and it looks great.
DIY Bar Cabinet
10. Blogging takes a lot of time. Do you ever pass by Kristin working on the computer and secretly feel neglected?
Yes. (that makes me sad, I think I need to work harder to get things done during the day everyday.)
11. Before, during, and after photos are a big part of blogging. Do you remember to do that for Kristin when you are working on projects for her?
No, she takes all the photos. I couldn’t take a good photo if you held a gun to my head.
12. How often do you read Kristin’s blog, and do you have a favorite post?
I read it about twice a month. I live here, so I know all that goes on. My favorite post is my favorite project the library wall.
13. Before changing a piece of furniture, hanging new curtains, or planning a whole room redo, does Kristin consult you or is it already finished by the time you get home?
She asks my opinion on the building process, but when it comes to style and design I am clueless.
14. Does Kristin discuss her blog with you, stories from other blogs or friendships with other bloggers?
Yes, I know all about the secret society. (wink, wink)
15. Where do you think Kristin gets most of her creative inspiration? TV, magazines, online, you, or was she just born that way.
Definitely, born that way. Her brain doesn’t have a shut off switch.
16. Do you know what Pantone’s color of the year is, and how do you feel about “girly” colors on your walls?
What’s a Pantone? And girly colors on my walls would upset me.
17. If you could change one room or area of your home with no decorating advice from Kristin, what would you choose and why?
The garage because it is my safest bet. Why would I change anything in the house? (good answer)
18. Are you ever worred that Kristin will share too much personal information or that blogging might invade your private life?
No. I trust her that she will keep it professional and only share enough personal detail to add value to the blog.
19. Have you ever helped Kristin style photos for the blog or offer input on how you think a vignette should look?
What’s a vignette? Um….no.
20. There is a saying “If these walls could talk…” what would they say about the decorating in your bedroom?
I look good.
*Speaking of bedrooms, I am sharing my bedroom makeover this Thursday!
I hope you enjoyed that little peek into our marriage. A big thank you to Dave for playing along. Now you can blog hop away with the rest of the participating bloggers:
Primitive & Proper