Water filters are great devices for people that have a concern about the quality of their water. There have been many cases where tap water was inadequate and even unhealthy for many people around the world. In modern times, most consumers have taken the step to use various water filtration methods to get healthier water. If you are in search of quality filters, here are the best faucet water filters on the market:
1. Culligan FM-25 Filter Kit
This advanced filter gives customers the ability to go from essential tap water to superb filtered water. Because there are no tools needed, the filter and the cartridge and very easy to install. This water filter uses advanced technology to minimize the amount of chlorine, lead, and other harsh chemicals that are always found in tap water.
Atrazine and lindane are also eliminated along with the bad taste and odor in most mediocre water products. Each FM-25R water filter cartridge can filter up to 200 gallons of water or filter the water for up to 2 months. To ensure this filter kit is safe and legitimate for consumption, NSF International has certified it.
This filter fits onto most standard sinks. It does not fit onto drop-down faucet sinks.
The main benefit is that this filer comes with replacement filters that can handle up to 200 gallons of water with no difficulty. The build and design of these filters make it easy to clean and take care of.
The most beneficial aspect of this filter is that it has been certified by the NSF. This ensures that your water is genuinely being cleansed of harsh chemicals and minerals.
2. DuPont WFFM100XCH
This filter puts an emphasis on high performance. The advanced filtration used in this filter creates water that has a cleaner taste than a standard tap. This can all be achieved using just one filter that comes with this kit. It eliminates and reduces the presence of chlorine, asbestos, mercury, lead, linden, and other harsh chemicals or minerals.
The cartridge included in this filter includes antimicrobial protection to help extend the life of the filter. It is very interchangeable and able to fit onto most standard faucet nozzles. Setup only takes minutes due to the advanced and modern design of this filter.
This water filter includes a protective and high capacity mount filter, two adapters that can attach to the faucet, and two washers with plumbing tape included.
3. PUR PFM4505
The PUR PFM4505 is an attractive stainless steel water filter that easily attaches to most sink faucets. This gives consumers the ability to get clean and crisp drinking water quickly. This water filter also comes with a monitor that displays the status of the filter. The status lets the consumer know whether or not it needs to be replaced.
This MAXION faucet filter is certified and built to eliminate or reduce more than 70 harmful chemicals and minerals found in standard tap. This includes more than 99% of lead, chlorine, and other contaminants. Your drinking water will be cleaner, tastier, and healthier than ever before.
Each filter can handle over 100 gallons of water or up to 3 months of use. This method is more affordable and efficient than bottled water, allowing consumers to save over $1,000 annually.
This water filter system easily attaches to most faucets and makes tap water taste cleaner and healthier. This system’s installation process requires no tools. It easily removes and reduces the amount of lead and chlorine found in tap water. It also reduces asbestos and benzene contaminants.
The advanced filtration monitor includes a status indicator that tells you when the filter is active. It also tells you when it needs to be replaced. Replacement is easy with the 1-click removal method. You should make sure that you replace this every few months.
This filter can provide consumers with up to 100 gallons of purified clean drinking water. That replaces over 750 16 oz bottles of water. This is an excellent option for those interested in reducing waste and saving money on bottled water.
Why Should You Use a Faucet Water Filter?
You Will Reduce Your Chances of Getting a Disease
In many homes, the water that comes out of the faucets is contaminated with harsh chemicals and minerals. Even if the water tastes fine or looks fine, there can be an alarming amount of toxins hiding in the water.
These toxins become more dangerous with long-term consumption. Most tap water contains chlorine and ammonia. These toxins, also called carcinogens, have been known to cause certain cancerous diseases after years of being consumed.
Toxins like chlorine and ammonia are not just found in the kitchen faucet. They are present in the water you use for bathing, washing clothes, and cooking. Even the water that comes out of the showerhead can be filled with toxins. After a while, they might also wreak havoc on the body.
Bottled Water Is Not Healthier or Better for the Environment
Filtered water can be found almost everywhere if you are living in a developed country. However, the difference is filtering the water yourself instead of purchasing the filtered water. Most of the time, three liters of water are needed to create one liter of clean water. What about the rest of the water? Where is it going?
This is not necessary to get clean water. With methods like that, it creates more waste. Bottled water is also packaged with plastic. Plastic is one of the mother earth’s biggest enemies. More than two-thirds of the plastic used to pack bottled water ends up in the ocean or many landfills. Along with that, most brands of bottled water still contain lead, chlorine, and other harsh contaminants.
Unfiltered Water Impacts Everything You Do
Most people forget that filtered water does not just apply to water that we use for drinking. Bathing and cooking also come into the picture. These harmful contaminants can get into our pores and cause damage to the body. They can also seep into our food and impact our bodies that way.
Even though unfiltered water can impact everything we do, there are ways to eliminate this. The first thing that you should consider is buying filters for all faucets in the home. This includes purchasing a shower filter. This ensures that the water you are using to get your body clean is not contaminated or dirty.
You can also try showering with water that is more lukewarm than steaming hot. Hot water opens up the pores, and that makes it easy for the skin to absorb whatever it is coming in contact with. Toxic contaminants in unfiltered water can be absorbed by the skin at higher temperatures.
Try to take shorter showers if you are someone that prefers showering in hot water.
You Will Save More Money
If you are purchasing bottled water or filtered water, it can get pretty expensive. This is especially true for those that drink a lot of water or have homes that are occupied by a lot of people that drink water. Some people that go this route have to buy new gallons of water every week.
Purchasing a filter that you can use at home would be the best option. This will save you time, money, and headache. It will also reduce waste and take up less space for trash in your home compared to drinking bottled filter water and throwing away gallons of plastic each year.
Drinking Filtered Water Helps Your Body Detox
Detoxification is not as complicated as most people try to make it. The body is actually always detoxing and getting rid of old or harmful things that we put in it. For example, the kidneys and liver are vital organs because they remove most of the toxins and harmful elements that come from food and disease.
The best thing that you can do is help your body continue the detoxification. Stop drinking and eating toxic things that make it difficult for the vital organs to do the job. Drinking filtered water is an essential first step since water is what humans consume more than anything else.
Using expensive juicers or doing juice cleanses are not the answer since most fruits and vegetables contain lots of sugar or fructose anyway. Water is the healthiest option, especially when it is filtered.
What to Look for When Buying a Water Filter
- Make sure that the filter has been certified in some way to ensure that the water will be safe to drink and use. Water filters that have not been certified are probably not capable of producing quality water. Filters like these will only get rid of a certain amount of toxins and leave most of the harmful ones behind. It would not be worth it if your filter only removes 80% of lead and chlorine from your tap water. oAt the end of the day, you’d still be drinking lead.
- Good water filters will do a great job of removing harsh chemicals, minerals, and other contaminants from your water. Low-quality filters often leave behind the most vital contaminants that make up the bulk of poisonous water. These hidden toxins can only be found through rigorous testing. You should avoid these and make sure that the water will be truly clean.
- Most consumers are not aware of the fact that some water filters remove everything from the water, including the good things. Make sure that the water filter you use doesn’t completely strip the water from things that can actually be good for the body.
- Along with the function of the water filter, you should check out how easy or difficult it is to clean the filter. Most consumers have a problem with being able to clean their water filters due to the complicated design easily. If water gets trapped into certain parts of the filter, this can create an opportunity for mold growth. Make sure that you read the reviews, and the product notes to see whether or not cleaning the filter will be troublesome.
- Durability is another important thing to look out for when shopping for a filter. No one wants to constantly readjust or fix a filter that is falling off of the faucet or coming loose for any reason. Fragile or weak water faucet filters can cause issues later on down the road. If you are shopping for filters in a physical store, try testing it out before you purchase to see if the device is compatible with your faucet. You may have to make adjustments or switch to another filter if your sink is not compatible with the device.
- Most of the time, the brand matters when you are shopping for a water filter. Some brands do a better job of making sure that the water filters are versatile enough to satisfy the likes of thousands or millions of customers worldwide. Size, durability, and convenience all tie into the face of the brand. If this is concerning to you, take extra time to look at the pros and cons of various water faucet filters to find your favorite.
- You should make sure that the filters are not only replaceable but easy to replace. Some water filters have replacement cartridges that are too expensive and hard to acquire. Some filters offer multiple cartridges because they break easily or have a short shelf life. Think about this when you are shopping for your water filter.
- Finally, think about the installation process. Some water filters require help from a plumber. Some of them require extra tools or pieces of equipment so that they can be installed properly. This can be a rude awakening for most consumers that fail to research before they purchase. Faucet water filters usually do not require any extra plumbing or modification. Unless your faucet is not compatible with the device that you are buying, you do not need to make any changes.