What I’ve Been Up to Lately

The Cadwallader house has been busy busy! It’s been go, go, go and writing this post is the first moment I’ve had all week to sit and have a morning coffee without it being in a travel cup. I’ve taken list-making to a whole new level–just so I can keep my thoughts straight! I have to admit, I kind of love it!

I know I’ve been a little quiet this week on the blog, but that’s because I’ve been working on some things I can’t wait to share with you!  Here’s what my week has been like thus far.

It snowed. It got really cold. Like really cold.

So, I made our family room downstairs a cabin-esque retreat with some of our fall things from around the house. That’s where Dave and I watch our shows after the kids are in bed. There’s a lot of plaid going on down there. I kind of like it!  I may actually share that part of the house around holiday time. Our bedroom is also transitioning to holiday time. No Christmas decorations yet, but this is what it looks like now. Don’t worry– Denver is still in there just on a different wall.

texture-in-design

winter-bedroom

Not going to show you the progress, but we have been working on our fireplace and we will be sharing it next week. We’ve tiled and are building the mantel right now. It’s such a dramatic change!!!

marble-subway-tile

In other news, I realized that my just turned 10-year-old is over 5’5” now! It occurred to me to measure him after his school pants we just bought him a month ago are now too short. I have giant children…

bman

Then, after this picture I realized my uniform this week has consisted of work out clothes, sometimes covered in paint and other building materials. Then each night I top it off with a sweater to keep from freezing. This is not a good look! I am looking forward to going to a business dinner with Dave tonight just so I can look nice for once this week. Did I just say that?

Lucky for me, Sam has chronicled my fabulous Olivia Newton John/Swiss Miss outfits. My 4-year-old hijacks my camera now. This is new. Usually he is just the photo-bomber. Now he is taking the photos.

photo-bombed

Here is one he took of me folding laundry…exciting! And this was a different night and I threw on the same sweater…sad, but true. I think a sweatband would totally pull it together…

yoga-pants

But, I can pat myself on the back. I’ve been working out everyday and eating really healthy. I think it’s keeping me going through this busy week! I get a gold star.

If you are wondering about the hallway makeover. It’s done, except I just found out via email that the light fixture I ordered is on back order. Hate that! So, I have no idea when that will get here, but in the mean time we can all ooh and aah at its deliciousness…

black-lantern-bamboo

via

The kids and I made our November bucket list. My favorite choice of theirs’ is “drink lots of cocoa”. That sounds like a plan! No wool socks this time…guess we covered that last month.

chalk-board-wall

november-bucket-list

Zoey is great at letting me know when a package has arrived. She acts tough and then attacks the delivery workers with kisses. So far she has made friends with the mailman, the FedEx guy, and UPS carriers. She is better than a door bell.

dog-at-door

One of those packages just happened to be these beauties which will be on our mantel…when we finish it that is…

horn-decor

So, next week I should be back to my normal routine around here. Have a fantastic weekend!!!

44 Comments on What I’ve Been Up to Lately

November 15, 2013 at 7:24 am (5 months ago)

your home is so cozy and beautiful, and you are beautiful, and i want to come hang out with you in my pjs in your cozy cabin family room.

November 15, 2013 at 7:58 am (5 months ago)

Thanks so much Cassie :) I know! I wish I lived closer to you girls, we’d have a blast! xo Kristin

2. Julia @cuckoo4design
    November 15, 2013 at 7:47 am (5 months ago)

Can’t wait to see that fireplace and I love the light fixture! Have a great weekend!

November 15, 2013 at 8:00 am (5 months ago)

I hope I can finish it this weekend and get some photos to share soon :) Have a lovely weekend my friend! xo Kristin

3. Terri
    November 15, 2013 at 8:47 am (5 months ago)

Where did you find the mirrors on the wall

November 15, 2013 at 8:56 am (5 months ago)

Hi Terri, I got them at Target. xo Kristin

November 15, 2013 at 9:23 am (5 months ago)

LOL, I finally wore something other than my “uniform” last night! It was soooo nice!!! xo Kristin

4. Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door
    November 15, 2013 at 9:19 am (5 months ago)

You have been busy mamma! I have about the same winter uniform too. :) Love your Olivia Newton John reference.

November 15, 2013 at 9:24 am (5 months ago)

Glad I am not alone!!!! LOL, at least we are getting a lot done, right?! Have a great weekend Elizabeth :) xo Kristin

5. heatherbailey525
    November 15, 2013 at 10:27 am (5 months ago)

LOVE the coziness! Can’t wait to see more pics! I will take the challenge and drink more hot chocolate this month too ;-) I love gray and I just bought Behr Pencil Point for our bedroom accent wall! I am SO excited, I can’t wait until our bed frame and bed come next week and take more pictures! We also need to change out our fireplace, I can’t wait to see the finished product! We just settled on our house Tuesday so we are painting and prepping for move in next weekend. I love all your ideas :-)

November 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks so much Heather :) Gray bedrooms are so soothing. Congrats on you new home! How exciting!! xo Kristin

6. Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno
    November 15, 2013 at 10:29 am (5 months ago)

I cannot wait for your fireplace reveal!! And don’t worry…every pair of sweatpants/lounge wear I own is covered in paint. ;)

November 15, 2013 at 2:09 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks Gabbi :) I checked all my yoga pants and capris and only 1 pair hasn’t been attacked by my DIY’s! So funny! Glad to know I am in good company! xo Kristin

7. Kennesha
    November 15, 2013 at 12:11 pm (5 months ago)

Love it all especially your super duper cute face! Have an awesome weekend, chica! Hugs to you…Kennesha

November 15, 2013 at 2:09 pm (5 months ago)

Awhh! Thanks girl! Have a great weekend and thanks so much for featuring my little blog on yours today :) xo Kristin

8. Bethany
    November 15, 2013 at 12:57 pm (5 months ago)

I’m so excited to see your fireplace! And your daily attire looks very familiar :) I always look forward to Sundays because I know it’s the one day I’ll actually get dressed up to look nice for church! :)

November 15, 2013 at 2:12 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks Bethany :) You’d think we would just get smart and have like coveralls or painting clothes. I think it’s just laziness and lack of time on my part. Why change gym clothes just to get messy again, right? I am so with you on Sunday! I actually lay out everyone’s clothes the night before so we can have 1 day that we all look nice at the same time as a family :) Have a great weekend! xo Kristin

9. interiorsbykenz
    November 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm (5 months ago)

I’m really excited to see your fireplace makeover. It’s just in time for winter :) Santa will be happy!

November 18, 2013 at 10:55 am (5 months ago)

My youngest just asked me if Santa would have to use the basement fireplace this year. So funny! xo Kristin

10. Kim@NewlyWoodwards
    November 15, 2013 at 4:05 pm (5 months ago)

I feel you on the busy-ness. It feels like the holidays are coming full steam ahead.

And I hate to rub it in, but I got to Phoenix right about the time you got snow at home. I may just stay there.

November 18, 2013 at 10:56 am (5 months ago)

Phoenix is beautiful this time of year! Hope you’re having a wonderful time Kim :) xo Kristin

11. Sarah {lacquer and linen}
    November 19, 2013 at 12:00 am (5 months ago)

That blanket in your bed looks so cozy!! I can’t wait to see your fireplace reveal. Marble fireplaces are my favorite.

November 19, 2013 at 9:16 am (5 months ago)

Thanks Sarah :) It’s slow going right now. We have it tiles and are working on the mantel :) xo Kristin

12. Tiina
    November 19, 2013 at 10:51 am (5 months ago)

Looking good (laundry and all!)! Can’t wait to see the finished fireplace and hallway. That light makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Love!

T

November 20, 2013 at 8:48 am (5 months ago)

thanks T! It’s coming together :) xo Kristin

13. our fifth house
    November 19, 2013 at 8:43 pm (5 months ago)

Can’t wait to see that fireplace!

November 20, 2013 at 8:49 am (5 months ago)

Thanks Carmel :) I’ve been working on it all week. It’s coming along :) xo Kristin

November 20, 2013 at 7:16 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks so much Mindy :) xo Kristin

14. Amber from WillsCasa.Com
    November 22, 2013 at 10:21 pm (5 months ago)

The fireplace tiles looks amazing! Can’t wait to see it up with a cozy fire!

November 25, 2013 at 9:11 am (5 months ago)

Yay! Thanks Amber :) coming to blog near you soon…xo Kristin

15. Lisa
    November 26, 2013 at 6:14 am (5 months ago)

Kristin your boys are such cutie pies. I have one massive child too, he surpassed us both in height in 6th grade! Can I just tell you how much I love your monthly bucket list? I do one in the summer but I love that you do it every single month and it’s the statement art of your kitchen! So fun for a house with kiddos. Can’t wait to see your fireplace makeover, the tile is gorgeous!!

16. Annabelle Naber
    January 2, 2014 at 7:49 pm (3 months ago)

Hi I really like the grey color on your walls. Can you pass on the paint info?
    Thanks,
    Annabelle

January 3, 2014 at 11:15 am (3 months ago)

Hi Annabelle :) Our paint colors are Valspar Filtered Shade (4003-1B) and Valspar Rugged Seude (4003-2B). Hope that helps. xo Kristin

17. Heather
    January 6, 2014 at 6:42 pm (3 months ago)

I love the headboard and the accent pillows! Did you make them yourself or find them somewhere? Looks Great! Thanks!
    Heather

January 7, 2014 at 7:32 am (3 months ago)

Thanks so much Heather. The headboard I ordered from JCP.com. It is slip-covered and really easy to clean. The pillows I made but I have also ordered some similiar from an etsy shop called Festive Home Decor. xo Kristin

18. whit
    January 6, 2014 at 10:00 pm (3 months ago)

I want that chandelier! Where did you get it?

January 7, 2014 at 7:30 am (3 months ago)

Hi Whit :) I ordered it from overstock.com. xo Kristin

• Nova
        March 13, 2014 at 6:48 pm (1 month ago)

Hello! Where is your light from? It’s exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

March 16, 2014 at 6:53 pm (1 month ago)

I purchased it from overstock.com. I think they still carry something like it. xo Kristin

19. Catherine Ledoux
    April 14, 2014 at 6:51 am (2 days ago)

Where did you get your comforter?? Thanks :) Catherine