Our Visit to The Tile Shop

Howdy! So, you saw our October preview yesterday which I’m sure most of those projects will roll into November. A big part of that will involve what we were up to this past weekend. On Saturday, we took a little road trip up to The Tile Shop for a day of learning and fun. Let me just say, The Tile Shop rocks!! It is tile heaven. I was blown away by the selection and knowledge of the staff.

the-tile-shop-madison

You cross those doors and you are in a world of beautifully tiled spaces. We walked the perimeter and kept oohing and aahing at the show rooms. And our kids thought it was a good time to take a fake shower.

tile-shop-display-room-1

We were greeted at the door by the friendly staff. Lisa, the store manager, was delightful and gave us a tour.

the-tile-shop-4

the-tile-shop-showroom

the-tile-shop-tour

Aren’t those some gorgeous bathrooms? I just love the whole look. I also insisted that Dave should work a beautiful tub like this into our next bathroom remodel.

the-tile-shop-designs

After our tour, we met with Bob, one of their tile experts, and it was time to start learning. The Tile Shop locations all offer free tiling classes every Saturday at 9:30am. In fact, every staff member is a tile expert.

This is a must take class if you are going to try your hand at a tiling project in your home. We learned what products to use for different tiles and surfaces. This is also a hands-on course. You get to try each step in the tiling process. Dave and I both tried everything. Things like using a wet saw, placing your tile and using spacers, grouting, and so much more. It was pretty amazing.

the-tile-shop-class

the-tile-shop-class-2

Bob was a great teacher and even took the time to give us specifics for the tile projects we are doing. We gained some great knowledge and tips that I know we wouldn’t normally get trying to figure it out on our own.

After our class, we met back up with Lisa and started making our selections for our upcoming projects. She was full of great ideas. I went in having a pretty good idea of the look and materials I wanted to use. Here’s a glimpse at what we are going with for our projects. I’m so excited to get started!

herringbone-marble

hex-marble

That’s just a little peek. We have some great plans in the works! I can’t wait to share more with you and start making some beautiful happen.

Dave and I would like to thank the staff at The Tile Shop Madison, Wisconsin store for their warm welcome and expertise. It was a great experience and we appreciate it so much!!

fall-home-tour

Today is the day! The Fall Tour has begun. Lindsay from The White Buffalo Styling Co. and Kristen from KFD Designs are our hosts and are kicking things off. Their spaces are amazing!!!! You must check them out!

39 Comments on Our Visit to The Tile Shop

1. Julia @ cuckoo4design
    October 1, 2013 at 6:57 am (1 year ago)

What a tease Kristin…I so can’t wait! Love your fabulous outfit ;)

October 1, 2013 at 7:30 am (1 year ago)

LOL, you know I like to do my little previews ;) Thanks for the compliment, I felt very put together that day…not in yoga pants! xo Kristin

2. Jesse @ Scout & Nimble
    October 1, 2013 at 7:45 am (1 year ago)

Oh how fun! I am loving the ONE sneak peek you gave us! I want to see all your choices! ;) And love the chevron dress…perfect for Fall!

October 1, 2013 at 10:02 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Jesse :) I didn’t want to spoil it ;) Lots of tiling projects ahead to share. xo Kristin

3. Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno
    October 1, 2013 at 8:11 am (1 year ago)

I can already tell your project is going to be AMAZING!!! I loooove me some marble tile! ;)

October 1, 2013 at 10:03 am (1 year ago)

YAY! The marble selection was A-MA-ZING!! I had to have a marble intervention. Let’s just say it’s going to be very marble-y around here soon! xo Kristin

October 1, 2013 at 8:17 am (1 year ago)

it’s like a playground for diy’ers! love it!

October 1, 2013 at 10:04 am (1 year ago)

Cassie, you would love this place!! I love that we got to do everything hands-on since this will be our first time tiling anything in our home. It was so great! xo Kristin

5. Laura
    October 1, 2013 at 8:19 am (1 year ago)

We have that store here too! They are great! We went with a very similar layout for our kitchen when we redid it last year and I love it! It’s timeless! Very cool that you got to play around in there! Pretty dress too!

Laura

October 1, 2013 at 10:05 am (1 year ago)

So you know how awesome they are ;) Thanks for the compliment, I actually felt pretty fashionable that day aside to wearing my project clothes! xo Kristin

6. Rebecca's Delightful Home
    October 1, 2013 at 8:52 am (1 year ago)

OOOOO! Marble tile! Can’t wait to see what ya do with that! Cute dress, too. Love that you wore that to go tile!

October 1, 2013 at 10:05 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Rebecca :) We have some really awesome projects coming up! xo Kristin

7. interiorsbykenz
    October 1, 2013 at 10:11 am (1 year ago)

Oooooh I’m really excited to see what you all are up to! I would die to be able to visit the Tile Shop. They don’t have one on the west side of the country. Showrooms are my weakness!

October 1, 2013 at 12:26 pm (1 year ago)

Oh man! Maybe they will get some out there. It is seriously a great place for all your tile needs. xo Kristin

8. Katja @ Shift Ctrl Art
    October 1, 2013 at 10:43 am (1 year ago)

I am so jealous that you have a tile store in your neck of the woods. I love all the tiles you showed us here, but I am really excited that you got to take a class.

Love your dress too :)

October 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Katja :) I am so glad we got to do the class too. It was some really good insight and tips I had never heard before. xo Kristin

9. Jennifer @ Brave New Home
    October 1, 2013 at 11:09 am (1 year ago)

That’s so neat that you got to take a class! I’ve never tiled before so I’d be intimidated to try it. I’m curious what tile you picked out….I saw a lot of great choices there!

October 1, 2013 at 12:29 pm (1 year ago)

I’m excited to do it!! That’s why doing the class is great, it gives you some courage before you do your project. It’s not so intimidating, but if we need help I know they are only a phone call away. Well, the couple we showed we selected, but I didn’t show our other selections. Let’s just say it’s going to be a marble world around here ;) xo Kristin

10. Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell
    October 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm (1 year ago)

I am jealous that we don’t have The Tile Shop here…I love that hexagon tile – it’s going to look great.

October 1, 2013 at 6:19 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Kelly :) Can’t wait to get started! xo Kristin

11. Caitlin @ Desert Domicile
    October 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm (1 year ago)

Love that they offer free classes! It’s probably best that they’re on the East coast and not West because I would feel like a kid in a candy shop there haha

October 1, 2013 at 6:20 pm (1 year ago)

It totally felt like that. So much tile!! It was amazing. I was in marble heaven. xo Kristin

12. jlhoneyman
    October 1, 2013 at 2:10 pm (1 year ago)

This is making me sososososo excited for some bathroom re-do’s in our next house!

October 1, 2013 at 6:20 pm (1 year ago)

Yes! That will be aweseome Jen! xo Kristin

13. annekemcconnell
    October 1, 2013 at 3:38 pm (1 year ago)

Oh my gosh you look adorable! And I LOVE the choices you are looking at!!! What a fun experiences!

October 1, 2013 at 6:21 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks A :) It was super fun! xo Kristin

October 1, 2013 at 6:21 pm (1 year ago)

That’s the truth…totally magical ;) xo Kristin

October 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm (1 year ago)

I can’t wait to get started! There were so many great options :) xo Kristin

14. Brandi
    October 1, 2013 at 10:39 pm (1 year ago)

I love your blouse. You are such a stylish mommy! Can’t wait to see more of your tile project!

October 2, 2013 at 6:48 am (1 year ago)

Thanks so much Brandi :) xo Kristin

15. Bob Dore
    October 3, 2013 at 5:42 am (1 year ago)

It was a pleasure having you and your family at my class and visiting our store! thanks again Kristen ,hope see you soon .good luck with your tile projects….Bob

October 3, 2013 at 6:14 am (1 year ago)

Hi Bob :) You were so great and I’m sure we will be calling you at some point in this process ;) Thanks for all your extra help and insights. We are going to try to stop in this Sunday on our way home from our little weekend trip. :) Kristin

16. Kim Woodward
    October 3, 2013 at 11:09 am (1 year ago)

I looooove that marble tile. Can’t wait to see what you end up with!

17. anu
    October 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm (1 year ago)

Can’t wait to see what you do! I have been pinning herringbone bathroom floors lately and so want them for our main bath which is 50s pink right now.

18. Katrina
    October 8, 2013 at 3:18 pm (1 year ago)

First your look super cute, love the top! Second, can’t wait to see what tile you choose, the herringbone pattern is pretty!! :)

October 8, 2013 at 8:35 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Katrina :) We have made all our selections just waiting on the tile to come in now. So so excited!!! xo Kristin

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Our Visit to The Tile Shop

1. […] our little visit to The Tile Shop a while back? Well, one of the projects we are going to tile is our fireplace. We just found out our […]