DIY Paint Dipped Utensils

paint-dipped-utensils

Today we are revealing our projects for Week 5 of the Inspired Design Challenge!  This week we took inspiration from World Market.

Inspired Design Challenge

world-market-utensils Green Mango Wood Dipped Salad Servers

I love these paint dipped salad servers from World Market! I needed some new wooden utensils so this was a great fit for this week. I spend a lot of time cooking in the kitchen and a little pop of color is so fresh and fun!

martha-stewart-craft-paint

I picked up some wooden utensils and this Martha Stewart craft paint. I loved the color. All I did was tape off the utensils and give them a coat of paint. A quick, easy way to brighten up the kitchen.

painted-wooden-serveware

painted-wooden-utensils

fun-kitchen-utensils

Now let’s see what the other ladies came up with! Can’t wait!!

world-market-inspiration

1. Lindsay from Life of Splendor

2. Jennifer from Brave New Home

3. Angie from Angie’s Roost

4. Sara from Embrace My Space

DIY Paint Dipped Utensils | Pin It:

paint-dipped-utensils

Linking to: Inspire Me Please, Frugalicious Friday, The Inspiration Gallery

Comments

1. says

i love these! i did some for emmy a couple years ago (18 months actually) for her bday as she loves to bake, and i also did some for teachers gifts. a great way to personalize! :)

2. says

These are really sweet. I think I’m going to give it a try with some old wooden utensils soon! I had so much fun seeing all the imaginative projects you’ve come up with over the past few weeks. It was truly an inspiration tackling the challenges together with you : ]

• BLISS AT HOME says

We had such a great group, full of great ideas :) Thanks for inviting me to be a part of it! It was really fun and was a challenge at times to get it all done, but we did it!! xo Kristin

3. says

yours are so pretty in pink Kristin! I love how they pop up! I did mine last year in white and they still look great, I really love that yours are so girly in pink! :-) (great idea Kristin)

4. says

I’m sure with a house full of boys it’s nice to incorporate pink somewhere in your home. I love the utensils. I’ve wanted to give this a try too, but I could never decide on a color. Ha!

5. Yvette says

Luv the color looks great! Just have a quick question with regards to how long it will last…have you had any problem with the paint washing off?

• BLISS AT HOME says

Hi Yvette :) Thanks so much. Since they are wooden utensils I don’t submerge them in water but just clean them with a soapy dish towel and I haven’t had any issues with the paint. They still look the same as the day I painted them and I use them almost every day. xo Kristin

6. Elizabeth Garcia says

These are precious, are they safe to use with food after painted? Or do you just keep the painted part out of the food? Thank you!

E

• BLISS AT HOME says

Hi Elizabeth, I used that craft paint just on the handles so I wouldn’t put that end in food. I just wash them by hand with dish soap and they have held up great :) xo

Trackbacks