Haven 2013 >>> The Recap

Howdy! So, I am just coming off my Haven high. For real! I had an amazing time and I am going to be snagging tickets for 2014 the minute they start selling them. As I have shared, we drove–all 4 of us– from our home in northern Illinois to Hotlanta, Georgia. We have family in the area, so the boys did the tourist-y things while I was at the conference.  It was a whirlwind of a trip! Needless to say, I’m TIRED! It was so worth it though.

road-trip-map-atlanta

I WILL be flying next year, just saying! I just wanted to share some snap shots of the conference. I am usually a picture-taking fool, but I didn’t want to lug my camera everywhere so these phone shots aren’t the greatest quality but you will get a feel for what it was like.

Thursday, after I registered and picked up my swag bag, (which was AWESOME!), I saw two friendly faces and had to take a pic with my fellow tall girls Mandi from Vintage Revivals and Lindsey from Better After.

haven-conference-2013

Jesse from Scout & Nimble and I finally met (YAY!) which was so great! We have been blogging buddies from the very beginning and she is the bee’s knees! I love her even more :)

That night we all attended a cocktail party put on by Homes.com and ForRent.com. I feel as though I should have done a disclaimer on my blog to let people know how tall I am. I am 5’10” but in heels you do the math… I heard, “You are so tall!” probably at least 50 times, but it’s all good because I have heard it my whole life. Here’s the proof:

haven-homes.comparty

Lindsay Life of Splendor, Jesse Scout & Nimble, Yours Truly Tall Girl, Ashley Domestic Imperfection, Anneke This, That, & Life, and Kelly View Along the Way.

After the party we headed out to dinner for some Mexican and had a table full of bloggers. It was good fun! I should have taken a pic, maybe someone has one? Here’s a photo of my blog besties Anneke and Lindsay at dinner.

haven-2013-dinner

Friday was full of sessions, networking, and meeting with brands–OH MY! It was truly amazing! I concentrated on more of the technical sessions on SEO, working with brands, advertising, photography, etc. I picked up some really great tips and info and it was well worth it for me.

Here’s some of the faces I saw:

haven-conference-2013-sessions

KariAnne Thistlewood Farm, Kristin The Hunted Interior, Emily Emily A. Clark

I have been following these ladies for quite a while and they are just as genuine and sweet as you would think.

That night we had another cocktail mixer and then it was a super fun dinner dance party put on by Ryobi Power Tools. I apologize for my bad dancing, Elaine Benes has nothing on me!

I enjoyed talking with Rhoda from Southern Hospitality. She is so inspiring and sweet! She is one of the main reasons why the Haven Conference is here. I am so appreciative of everything she and her team have done to make this conference a huge success!

southern-hospitality-blog-haven

Another great thing about this conference is it is centered around our niche DIY/design. With that said, you are surrounded with some amazingly talented DIY/design bloggers! I have met so many new bloggers and can’t wait to start looking at their blogs and get inspired!

ryobi-haven-conference

Serena from Thrift Diving and I got to chat a bit more at the party. Isn’t she gorgeous? It is so great to meet with ladies that are as crazy about the things you love.

The next day was full of more sessions, networking, and meeting with brands and sponsors. I also got to take part in the Ballard Designs Bookcase Challenge which was all in good fun.

ballard-designs-bookcase

We were on team Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick.

Reflecting back on everything, I feel really blessed to be a part of the DIY/design community. Being able to inspire others and work together is what it is all about. You want to be able to use your talents to help others and that is what is happening right now. We have a unique opportunity and reach to be a force of good in this world. The fact that I get to wake up every morning and do this as my job is a dream! I love that a passion can become a job and that job can become a platform to help others. If you want to see what I’m talking about check out what some DIY bloggers + GMC and Habitat for Humanity are doing.

Haven 2013 is now over, after I take a week-long nap to recover– just kidding!– I am ready to hit the ground running and make the most of my little corner of the DIY blogosphere.

If you want a really great glimpse into what the conference is like, check out Rhoda’s post on the Haven 2013 Conference.

See you at Haven 2014!

31 Comments on Haven 2013 >>> The Recap

1. Jayne
    August 8, 2013 at 7:08 am (1 year ago)

wow! I’ve been waiting for your post about Haven, what a blast!

August 8, 2013 at 10:10 am (1 year ago)

It was fantastic! Highly suggest it to anyone that blogs as a business :) xo Kristin

August 8, 2013 at 7:33 am (1 year ago)

looks like such an amazing time!

August 8, 2013 at 10:11 am (1 year ago)

I hope you can go next year! Let’s get everyone to go and rock Haven 2014!! xo Kristin

3. A Pinterest Addict
    August 8, 2013 at 8:01 am (1 year ago)

I LOVED that you wore the dress from your profile picture and did your hair the same. It made you so easily recognizable!

August 8, 2013 at 10:13 am (1 year ago)

Oh, you were right the first time. I’m just freakishly tall so what is a dress to a normal person is a long shirt to me ;) xo Kristin

August 8, 2013 at 10:13 am (1 year ago)

I kinda felt silly doing that, but it totally worked! LOL xo Kristin

4. Chaney
    August 8, 2013 at 8:42 am (1 year ago)

Oh my goodness – this looks like it was amazing! I’m hoping to get to Haven next year…I think I might keel over from the excitement of being surrounded so many awesome bloggers!

August 8, 2013 at 10:15 am (1 year ago)

It is strange to see your blog idols and feel a like a silly stalker.It was an amazing time and you should definitely go :) xo Kristin

August 8, 2013 at 10:16 am (1 year ago)

It was Sarah :) Go next year!! I want to meet you! xo Kristin

5. Lindsay at Life of Splendor
    August 8, 2013 at 11:15 am (1 year ago)

It was so awesome and I am so happy to have met you and be “blog besties”!!! I’m planning on going next year too. Yay!

August 8, 2013 at 1:42 pm (1 year ago)

YAY!! It was so worth it, wasn’t it? I’m so glad we met blog bestie :) xo Kristin

6. Shavonda@AHomeFullOfColor
    August 8, 2013 at 11:27 am (1 year ago)

Great post Kristin. You look like you had a blast. I’m so happy you were able to connect with other bloggers and meet face to face with them:)

August 8, 2013 at 1:43 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks S. It is so nice to meet in face to face and get to know people better. We have such a cool fun community :) xo Kristin

August 8, 2013 at 2:10 pm (1 year ago)

you are so lucky Kristin! :-) meeting other bloggers that share the same interests as you do must be so fun and exciting! :-)

August 8, 2013 at 4:32 pm (1 year ago)

It really was Ingrid! So glad I could go! xo Kristin

8. lulu
    August 8, 2013 at 3:07 pm (1 year ago)

I am amazed at how connected the blogging world can become. I don’t know that I will make it to Haven as Atlanta and Maine are not real close, but when I have met other bloggers, I so enjoy putting faces with names.

August 8, 2013 at 4:31 pm (1 year ago)

It is so nice to put a face with the blog :) It was a fantastic conference! xo Kristin

9. AtHomeWithTheBarkers
    August 8, 2013 at 4:07 pm (1 year ago)

It was so much fun! I thought it was perfect that you looked just the same as your profile pic! I’m still trying to make my way through ALL these cards. It was great meeting you in person. ~Sonya

August 8, 2013 at 4:31 pm (1 year ago)

I felt kinda silly doing that, but it totally worked! I have a ginormous pile of cards too and am just trying to do a couple a day. So glad we met :) xo Kristin

10. twopurplecouches
    August 8, 2013 at 6:43 pm (1 year ago)

I’m so glad we got to meet in person! Even if it was as the conference was coming to a close! I, too, will be getting my 2014 ticket as soon as they go on sale :)

11. annekemcconnell
    August 8, 2013 at 7:58 pm (1 year ago)

OH MY GOSH! I want that pict. with you and Lindsay!!! What a crazy whirlwind that was, and YES, the entire community there is amazing {a TOTAL understatement!}!!! I am so blesssed to know you and can’t wait for what the future holds ~ I seriously get all super giddy because it is a dream to be able to do what you love! Haven 2014 here we come! ;-)

12. jessicawgourley
    August 8, 2013 at 11:08 pm (1 year ago)

Kristin- I have an instagrammed/edited photo of the whole group @ Mexican on my instagram (jwgourleygirl), but I have a full-size phone one. If you want to email me, I’ll send it to you! :) So great to have met you, even briefly! Can’t wait to see what the future holds for you & your blog- see you at Haven 2014! :)

August 12, 2013 at 7:41 am (1 year ago)

Awesome Jessica! Haven 2014–it’s a date ;) xo Kristin

13. Julia @cuckoo4design
    August 9, 2013 at 12:46 am (1 year ago)

I can’t wait to take a picture with you next year. I’ll need a stool to stand on or the camera needs to zoom out far to get both of our faces in the picture because I’m so short. LOL!
    Looks like the best time ever!

14. paulasweetpea
    August 9, 2013 at 5:37 am (1 year ago)

I didn’t get to meet you at Haven but I definitely remember seeing you. I’m stopping by from Rhoda’s house tour. I love what you’ve done with your home and I look forward to reading more.

August 12, 2013 at 7:40 am (1 year ago)

Hi Paula :) Haven was amazing, wasn’t it?! Thanks so much for stopping by! xo Kristin

15. Purple & Gold Forever
    August 10, 2013 at 12:22 am (1 year ago)

I read the post on Southern Hospitality about your home and had to hop over and take a look. Love this!!!

August 12, 2013 at 7:47 am (1 year ago)

Thanks for stopping by! Good luck in the giveaway! xo Kristin