The Shops at Target >>> P.S. I Love You

Before we get into the fabulousness that continues to be Target, I would love for you to visit me over at one of my fave blogs today Brittany Makes. I am so honored to be a part of her Summer VIP Guest Blog Series :)

Brittany is so talented!  I love her style, creativity, love of gold and color, and she is the nicest person on top of that!

So, Target is wonderful. They send me these fab home decor coupons from time to time and this month was Threshold. I stopped in my local store to grocery shop (wink, wink) and saw that a Threshold blanket that I’ve been eyeing for a while was marked down to $34.99 for a king size and I used that coupon ASAP! Gorgeous king-sized blanket for $30, ummm, yes please!

Threshold Organic Blanket

I’ve been watching this one for a while. I have been wanting to bring some more color into our master bedroom and this bag is the inspiration:

Hermes Bag

I need to explain this more. I do not have the pocket-book to shop at Hermes. I’m a fabulous on a budget girl. When Dave went on his first trip overseas without me, it was the first time we’d ever been apart for more than 2 days. We are one of those sick couples that actually like spending time together, so 2 weeks felt like an eternity! He brought this back when he returned. He is not a fancy guy, folks. I don’t think he had any idea what he stepped into when he went to Hermes. I think he even pronounced it Her-mees. I love that he ventured outside his comfort zone just to bring me home something super nice. To me, this bag is romantic. It makes me think of Dave and all the things I never ask him to do that he does anyways just because he loves me.

Hermes collage

I think I will frame that bag for our room soon, right now it is still on my nightstand.

Here’s some of the tweaks I’ve done in our bedroom:

bedroom Threshold

This gold tray was another World Market find.

world market gold tray

This blanket was such a great purchase! It is soooo soft. All 5 of us, Zoey (our puppy) included, piled on the bed last night and just hung out for a while. Plus, I have a good tip if you are a blanket hog like I am. I cocoon myself every night. Poor Dave. Buy a king sized blanket for a queen sized bed. Plenty big for two people, even if one is a blanket thief.

orange herringbone blanket I think someone wants back up on the bed again…

patterns in the bedroom

Hop on over to Brittany Makes for a little Q + A fun!

1. says

I love that you are going to frame that bag! So cool! I framed a bag for my Mom that was from a shop some of her relatives owned and meant a lot to her. It ‘s such a cool piece of art and it means so much every time you look at it. Love that your blanket matches too!

• BLISS AT HOME says

I don’t deny that I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him :) Thanks, Brittany’s is sooo fun! xo Kristin

• BLISS AT HOME says

Too funny Jennifer! He will be glad to hear that he is not the only one 😉 I am always changing the pillow situation on my bed. I am on the hunt for some great euro shams. This would be my perfect pillow situation: 2 euro shams, 4 standard sized pillow– 2 with sheet cases, two with shams, three mathcing square decorative pillows and one boudoir pillow. Somewhere there has to be monograms too. That is pillow overload! xo Kristin

2. says

I’m a bit in love with that blanket – and What. A. STEAL! Seriously, $30 for not just any king size blanket but THAT king size blanket. Great find (and I’m a tad bit jealous). Looks like I will have to make another trip to Target :)

3. says

That is so sweet of your husband. I love the idea to frame the bag. My hubby and I are like that too. We have never been away from each other for more than a night since we moved in together. Heck we even work together so we get to commute there and back every day and eat lunch together. And I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Manda Wolf @ Our Wolf Den

4. says

Orange has always been my favorite color and I think it looks so classic in your bedroom. Plus, it’s the perfect color for transitioning into Fall, too. Sheesh…did I really just say that??? It’s like 110 here and I’m already thinking about Fall! You have scored some great steals at Target lately…can I come shopping with you next time? 😉

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks BB! I hope your sale goes well, I know it will! I have had trouble commenting there a couple times too, don’t know if it is the Discqus thing or not. Enjoy your weekend!!! xo Kristin

5. says

liking that blanket very much :-) and only 30$ liking it even more! & of course, I love the colors of Hermes too and what a beautiful gift to receive from your husband, I would frame the bag too! your master bedroom looking nice already with the blanket, it pops against your gold elephant (that you know I really love) :-) & I loved your interview too by the way!

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks Ingrid! It is really adding another layer to that room and I’m liking it :) Have a great weekend! xo Kristin

• BLISS AT HOME says

Was it really? Wow! We must have started our blogs around the same time Have a great weekend Gilit :) xo Kristin