The Shops at Target >>> P.S. I Love You

Before we get into the fabulousness that continues to be Target, I would love for you to visit me over at one of my fave blogs today Brittany Makes. I am so honored to be a part of her Summer VIP Guest Blog Series :)

www.brittanymakes.com

Brittany is so talented!  I love her style, creativity, love of gold and color, and she is the nicest person on top of that!

So, Target is wonderful. They send me these fab home decor coupons from time to time and this month was Threshold. I stopped in my local store to grocery shop (wink, wink) and saw that a Threshold blanket that I’ve been eyeing for a while was marked down to $34.99 for a king size and I used that coupon ASAP! Gorgeous king-sized blanket for $30, ummm, yes please!

Threshold Organic Blanket

I’ve been watching this one for a while. I have been wanting to bring some more color into our master bedroom and this bag is the inspiration:

Hermes Bag

I need to explain this more. I do not have the pocket-book to shop at Hermes. I’m a fabulous on a budget girl. When Dave went on his first trip overseas without me, it was the first time we’d ever been apart for more than 2 days. We are one of those sick couples that actually like spending time together, so 2 weeks felt like an eternity! He brought this back when he returned. He is not a fancy guy, folks. I don’t think he had any idea what he stepped into when he went to Hermes. I think he even pronounced it Her-mees. I love that he ventured outside his comfort zone just to bring me home something super nice. To me, this bag is romantic. It makes me think of Dave and all the things I never ask him to do that he does anyways just because he loves me.

Hermes collage

I think I will frame that bag for our room soon, right now it is still on my nightstand.

Here’s some of the tweaks I’ve done in our bedroom:

bedroom Threshold

This gold tray was another World Market find.

world market gold tray

This blanket was such a great purchase! It is soooo soft. All 5 of us, Zoey (our puppy) included, piled on the bed last night and just hung out for a while. Plus, I have a good tip if you are a blanket hog like I am. I cocoon myself every night. Poor Dave. Buy a king sized blanket for a queen sized bed. Plenty big for two people, even if one is a blanket thief.

orange herringbone blanket I think someone wants back up on the bed again…

patterns in the bedroom

Hop on over to Brittany Makes for a little Q + A fun!

27 Comments on The Shops at Target >>> P.S. I Love You

1. jillflory
    July 18, 2013 at 9:27 am (1 year ago)

I love that you are going to frame that bag! So cool! I framed a bag for my Mom that was from a shop some of her relatives owned and meant a lot to her. It ‘s such a cool piece of art and it means so much every time you look at it. Love that your blanket matches too!

July 18, 2013 at 10:26 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Jill :) I love when something has a story and it makes you smile when you see it! xo Kristin

2. Steph
    July 18, 2013 at 10:03 am (1 year ago)

I love that colour! It looks great in your room. And oh my goodness, your puppy is too cute!!

July 18, 2013 at 10:27 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Steph :) Zoey is the best thing we’ve added to our home lately ;) xo Kristin

July 18, 2013 at 10:38 am (1 year ago)

I don’t deny that I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him :) Thanks, Brittany’s is sooo fun! xo Kristin

3. Jennifer @ Brave New Home
    July 18, 2013 at 11:52 am (1 year ago)

Lol, oops! I was pronouncing it Her-mees, too! I’m trying to get my bed pillow situation under control. Do you use two Euro shams in back and then two standard pillows? Haha, Target for groceries…mmhmm…

July 18, 2013 at 12:31 pm (1 year ago)

Too funny Jennifer! He will be glad to hear that he is not the only one ;) I am always changing the pillow situation on my bed. I am on the hunt for some great euro shams. This would be my perfect pillow situation: 2 euro shams, 4 standard sized pillow– 2 with sheet cases, two with shams, three mathcing square decorative pillows and one boudoir pillow. Somewhere there has to be monograms too. That is pillow overload! xo Kristin

• Jennifer @ Brave New Home
        July 18, 2013 at 2:54 pm (1 year ago)

I’ve been on the hunt for down Euro pillows for so long! If I ever find some, I’ll be sure to letcha know!

July 18, 2013 at 4:15 pm (1 year ago)

Nice! Thanks J

4. Kristen Kaylor
    July 18, 2013 at 12:36 pm (1 year ago)

I’m a bit in love with that blanket – and What. A. STEAL! Seriously, $30 for not just any king size blanket but THAT king size blanket. Great find (and I’m a tad bit jealous). Looks like I will have to make another trip to Target :)

July 18, 2013 at 12:49 pm (1 year ago)

I was doing my happy dance when I saw the price and didn’t care who saw it ;) xo Kristin

5. Julia @cuckoo4design
    July 18, 2013 at 1:45 pm (1 year ago)

Loved your post on Brittany’s blog!
    Your tweaks are amazing and so is your Hermes bag. You two are so cute and I think the complete opposite from me and my hubby.

July 18, 2013 at 4:11 pm (1 year ago)

LOL, funny! I wonder what your dynamic is like. xo K

6. Our Wolf Den
    July 18, 2013 at 2:18 pm (1 year ago)

That is so sweet of your husband. I love the idea to frame the bag. My hubby and I are like that too. We have never been away from each other for more than a night since we moved in together. Heck we even work together so we get to commute there and back every day and eat lunch together. And I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Manda Wolf @ Our Wolf Den

July 18, 2013 at 4:13 pm (1 year ago)

He is the best! I am very lucky :) Wow, work together too. xo Kristin

7. Jesse @ Scout & Nimble
    July 18, 2013 at 2:43 pm (1 year ago)

Orange has always been my favorite color and I think it looks so classic in your bedroom. Plus, it’s the perfect color for transitioning into Fall, too. Sheesh…did I really just say that??? It’s like 110 here and I’m already thinking about Fall! You have scored some great steals at Target lately…can I come shopping with you next time? ;)

July 18, 2013 at 7:12 pm (1 year ago)

love that tray and the orange! so nice and fresh! and loved your guest post! i can never comment there, but i read it!

July 19, 2013 at 8:17 am (1 year ago)

Thanks BB! I hope your sale goes well, I know it will! I have had trouble commenting there a couple times too, don’t know if it is the Discqus thing or not. Enjoy your weekend!!! xo Kristin

9. Angie
    July 18, 2013 at 7:52 pm (1 year ago)

Oh that blanket!!!! LOVE it! PS…your bedroom is gorgeous!

July 19, 2013 at 8:15 am (1 year ago)

Thanks so much Angie! Have a great weekend :) xo Kristin

July 18, 2013 at 8:01 pm (1 year ago)

liking that blanket very much :-) and only 30$ liking it even more! & of course, I love the colors of Hermes too and what a beautiful gift to receive from your husband, I would frame the bag too! your master bedroom looking nice already with the blanket, it pops against your gold elephant (that you know I really love) :-) & I loved your interview too by the way!
    :-)

July 19, 2013 at 8:15 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Ingrid! It is really adding another layer to that room and I’m liking it :) Have a great weekend! xo Kristin

11. Gilit @ Shoes Off Please
    July 18, 2013 at 8:42 pm (1 year ago)

Your bedroom post was the first one I ever read and this is the first time I’m looking at it again and I love it as much as ever. That is all.
    Okay, that was a lie, also congrats on the throw :)

July 19, 2013 at 8:13 am (1 year ago)

Was it really? Wow! We must have started our blogs around the same time Have a great weekend Gilit :) xo Kristin

12. Sarah M. Dorsey
    July 19, 2013 at 12:20 pm (1 year ago)

Love that tray!! I haven’t been to world market recently, so I’ll have to stop by!

July 22, 2013 at 8:36 am (1 year ago)

They have a lot of good stuff in there right now. I loved the bedding too! xo Kristin