Around the House Lately…

I have been a busy bee. This post is going to be a mix of everything I’ve been up to lately at home. I have multiple projects going on around here. We are still pimping our patio. We haven’t forgotten about it. I promise you I will have a post on it real soon! We just have a couple more things to get done.

patio preview

Speaking of patio…We are at the pinnacle of pond season. Everything is growing like mad, must be all the rain this year! I will actually have to go in and remove some of the growth soon so it doesn’t get too crazy!

Pond Collage

The fish are smart and seeking cover from all this heat!

The entry way is coming along. An unexpected shopping trip to World Market supplied me with a rug and couple other great finds. I know I was originally going to paint the floor, but I found the perfect size rug. It covers the pink and green squares but leaves a little of the black and white terrazzo on each side and I really like it that way. I love jute rugs in entry ways.

world market jute rug

All that’s left for our makeover is to patch the ceiling and add the gallery wall. I am collecting pieces for it right now.

gallery wall

Our entry way has come a long way! Can’t wait to finish up the last couple projects.

As for the rest of my time…let’s just say our back door coat rack gives you a clue to how we’ve been spending our summer days…

summer days

11 Comments on Around the House Lately…

1. Julia @cuckoo4design
    July 17, 2013 at 7:27 am (9 months ago)

I’m so jealous, we don’t have a World Market! Can’t wait to see more of the hallway.

July 17, 2013 at 7:40 am (9 months ago)

We don’t have one in town, but there is one that is an hour and a half away. Worth the drive and its in one of our favorite towns for weekend getaways. Not a bad excuse for a road trip ;) xo K

July 17, 2013 at 7:50 am (9 months ago)

love all the snippets of your gorgeous home!

July 17, 2013 at 8:04 am (9 months ago)

Thanks BB xo K

3. Pam @ Simple Details
    July 17, 2013 at 11:14 am (9 months ago)

Oooh, that gallery wall is looking good – even on the floor! :)

July 17, 2013 at 11:25 am (9 months ago)

Thanks Pam :) Waiting on a few pieces to come in … xo Kristin

4. Jesse @ Scout & Nimble
    July 17, 2013 at 2:48 pm (9 months ago)

We have been living at the pool, too. Isn’t that what summer is all about? Plus, it’s a total win win because the boys get so exhausted they usually crash when we get home and I can actually get laundry, cleaning…who am I kidding…I can get caught up on all my favorite bloggy friends! Love jute rugs for entryways, too and I cannot wait to see the big reveal! You have totally transformed that area so quickly! ;) Way to go!

July 18, 2013 at 8:27 am (9 months ago)

I love lazy summer days. Well, the pool isnt’ lazy for me. I just want to make sure no drowns, and who am I kidding. I’m in the water as much as the boys are! It is coming along at a nice pace. It is really mostly just paint. I wasn’t even going to tackle this area until fall, but then I got that stencil and the rest is history ;) xo Kristin

July 17, 2013 at 6:27 pm (9 months ago)

outside of your house everything looks so beautiful too :-) and can’t wait to see your gallery wall, good idea of starting to collect the frames you will be using! :-)

July 18, 2013 at 8:28 am (9 months ago)

Thanks Ingrid :) The gallery wall is going to take some time. I have some things on the mind to make and photographs to develop. It will probably be weeks before I am done. xo Kristin

6. Sarah
    July 17, 2013 at 8:21 pm (9 months ago)

Love it all. Did you make the table runner on your patio? It is killer!