Inspired Design Challenge Week 1 // Target

I am excited to share our projects from our first week of the Inspired Design Challenge!! As you know our first week is Target. I don’t know about you, but I can’t go into that place without buying something home related!

Inspired Design Challenge

For my project, I chose to base it off of the new Threshold SuperNatural Home Collection. I love everything about this collection and it is right up my alley!

Target Threshold Super Natural

I especially like the snake skin lamp base.

faux snakeskin base Target

I wanted to bring more snake skin into my space. Now, I don’t need another lamp right now but I do need more photo frames. Since I am working on a gallery wall for the entry way, I found a way to add it to some old picture frames for only $3.99…

snake skin duct tape

Yep. You read that right. One $3.99 roll of snake skin duct tape I found where? Target, of course!

Old outdated frames + snake skin duct tape = FABULOUS

snake skin photo frame

I had a friend over after I made these and she asked me where I got these awesome frames. She was shocked when I said it was duct tape. How fun is that!

snake skin home decor

I  love the way it looks on the white brick. This is perfect since I’m sticking to golds, black, and white frames for the gallery wall. It is a fun way to bring some pattern in and you gotta love the price! So, don’t throw away those old frames.

faux snake skin

Are you ready to see the other projects? I know I am! Here’s the inspiration:

Inspired Design Challenge Target

Visit these blogs and check out the other Week 1 Target projects:

1.  Lindsay at Life of Splendor

2. Jennifer at Brave New Home

3. Sara at Embrace My Space

4. Angie at Angie’s Roost

Pin it | DIY Duct Tape Snake Skin Frames

DIY duct tape snake skin frames | the look for less

The Week 2 Inspired Design Challenge is Urban Outfitters. I have loved that store since college. It’s going to be a good one!

Linking to:  Give Me the Goods Monday, Tutorials & Tips Link Party, The Inspiration Gallery, Inspire Me Please

1. says

Love this, Kristin! What a great way to cover up cheap frames that we all have, too. Also…totally off subject, but I just noticed the outline around your pics…looks great!!! It may have been like that for awhile, but I think it looks so clean! 😉

2. says

I have spray painted frames (who hasn’t at this point) and covered them with fabric, but I never thought about using tape. What a great idea! I have two snake skin message boards in bedroom, some frames might look nice added to the area.

Manda Wolf @ Our Wolf Den

3. says

I’m always painting cheap frames from Michaels, but not once have I thought about duct tape! Creative, cheap, and easy – just how I like it. Thanks for the awesome inspiration! LOVE the snake skin print. I’ll be heading over to Target today to see what other prints they have :)

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks so much Kristen :) They have so many good patterns there, I also saw some cute pattern at Michaels. xo Kristin

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks so much Cristina. I love that it doesn’t look cheap and that no one knows it’s duct tape until I tell them. xo Kristin

4. Julia @cuckoo4design says

I have to go get some of that duct tape. Love it! My daughter is obsessed with duct tape and steals it from me all the time. Might have to get more than one roll, LOL.
    Great little project!

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks, J :) I’m telling ya, it’s awesome! I can see it on so many things. This pattern lines up well so it was super easy to not have any lines. xo Kristin

1. […] I just loved the DIY’s I got done around here this month. This Inspired Design Challenge has really sparked some creativity! Inside the house, our foyer has been getting a facelift and you can see how we made our own DIY chandelier with a shade by using the existing ceiling fixture. I also spruced up some old photo frames with this snake skin duct tape DIY. […]