House Updates

Howdy! This weekend besides channeling my innner MacGyver, I tackled those projects that have been sitting on the list for a little too long. I also want to thank you for all your kind words about our little DIY chandelier.

The biggest thing I did was I FINALLY attached the door back on the closet and banished the golden oak…again. I have been doing this slowly but surely through out the house. I love our wood floors, I just don’t want oak trim and doors. I deglossed, sanded, primed, and painted away.

Now the first thing you see is this when you enter our home:

painted door 1

Such a huge difference from this:

Before and After Entry Way

I love what a day and a little paint can do!

white door

I also installed the thrift store wall lamp I got a little while back to brighten up this corner at night.

brass wall lamp

I don’t know about you but I think that wall needs to be white. I may have to bust the paint out again soon…

That’s all folks! Probably not that exciting unless you are me, but little changes none the less! If you are wondering how much more oak I have to tackle, I have a whole hallway full. Ugh. Not my favorite thing to do, but so worth the effort!

Comments

• BLISS AT HOME says

Seriously, I hear ya sista! Oooooh! Let’s compare…I have five more to go just in our hallway…whomp, whomp, whomp! It is probably my least favorite thing to do because it really tests my patience. Just to get them paintable I have to degloss them and power sand! Boo-hoo! Woe is me! LOL. xoxo K

• BLISS AT HOME says

Isn’t white trim just so pleasant and crisp?! I love it. It really defines the space and contrasts the floor. You my dear have the most excellent taste! xoxo K

1. Lisa says

We just did the same thing with the trim around my front door and a huge window right next to it. I’d been wanting to do it for years but the idea of the mess and the work put me off. When we actually did it, it was as messy as I expected but when it was done, I was so glad we did it!
    Your entry looks amazing!

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks, Lisa. It is time-consuming work, but the results are worth it. I’ve been going slow, doing trim one day, a door the next…xo Kristin

2. says

LOVE the white! I’m definitely not a fan of oak trim either. I still can’t believe that lamp is from the thrift store – it looks great!

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks Sarah :) I think it is from being a child in the eighties and nineties. Oak was everywhere in a big way! Now it just doesn’t work 😉 xo Kristin

• BLISS AT HOME says

Hi Vicki, I don’t have a color for you unfortuantely. We had it mixed to resemble a paint in our first house and it was preblog. Sorry! xo Kristin

Trackbacks