Free Printable + Summer La La Land

WARNING: This post discusses undergarments. It does not contain images of undergarments or worse– photos of me in undergarments. You do not need to shield your children’s eyes. It does in fact discuss the lack of undergarments. You have been forwarned.

I didn’t mean for it to happen. I really didn’t. Somehow it did though.

Days at the pool. Days spent outdoors. Long walks. A new puppy to obsess over. Spray paint season–YES, that is a season!

It happened.

“It” is Summer La La Land and I am its newest victim. It’s so intoxicating! You don’t want to leave.

Then, a large hand grabbed me from Summer La La Land and by brute force I was banished. I am banished forever! So much so, you have to say it like banish-ED! Like in a Shakespeare tragedy. BANISH-ED! Emphasis on the “ed”.

OK, this weirdness deserves an explanation.

Now, I am married to hands-down the nicest, most patient husband. I have no idea why he loves me! He came home and politely asked me to wash something specific.

Specific.

Yes, those.

You know those.

The unmentionables.

Oh, crap!

Cue scary JAWS music…

P1120119

Where have all the boxers gone? Oh! The scary laundry monster ate them. Yes, I have a scary laundry monster. I named it JAWS because it just keeps consuming more and more victims. Underwear, socks, shorts, towels–JAWS does not discriminate. The more I stay in Summer La La Land the more it attacks!

I realized my little vacation in La La Land was over. I’m all sunshine and lollipops and Dave just wants some clean underpants! I needed to kick it into gear. I felt so terrible! My husband works so hard so that I can be home with our kids and I don’t even have clean boxers for him!!??? He wasn’t even upset, just really nice about the whole thing. That just made me feel worse. I am the one that made a production of it, grovelling included*

Summer La La Land: 1

Kristin: 0

Enough I said!

I am going to go into super-organized-on-top-of-everything mode starting with the unmentionables. This usually doesn’t kick in until school season starts scaring me into being overly productive, but guilt is a powerful force!

I may have gone a little extreme with the whole do the laundry thing. It has carried over into every aspect of the household. I have made lists for everything. Cleaning, laundry, meals, daily tasks. It’s like how I handle my blog.

In honor of my escape from Summer La La Land, I am sharing a printable I created just to keep me on task. I need direction in forms of lists and checking them off. It’s a sickness, but it works for me.

Cleaning Schedule Printable

Here are the printer-friendly versions if you want to use them:

Bliss at Home Cleaning Schedule

Here’s a blank one if you want to make your own and we can be crazy list ladies together:

Free Printable Chore Chart Yeah…I even made a rotating meal plan to use for the summer too. If I don’t plan my meals I will eat shredded parmesan cheese and croutons…sad, but true.I think it’s a form of protest against the rising grocery store prices. Eat everything in the house, condiments included, before going to the store. Anywho, I am really trying to embrace healthy eating as a lifestyle. That takes some planning and preparation. I am trying to buy a week’s worth of groceries at a time. I don’t want waste or stuff we don’t need. I’m not into stock-piling food like the great flood is coming. Fresh food is the best food. This limits our boxed foods too, which makes me feel like I am doing something good for the family. I’m taking on a cook it before it goes bad or starve strategy.

Here’s my Healthy Summer Meal Rotation if you’re curious:

Healthy Recipe Rotation

Basically, I made a master list of all the healthy dinner recipes I know everyone will eat and made a rotation based off of the protein. One day for vegetarian, chicken, fish…you get the idea. Each one is properly proportioned and has lots of veggies added in.  That way I know we are getting a good variety of nutrients and we don’t get burnt out on something. I don’t want to hear “Tilapia again? GRRRR!”

meal planning

I am just printing them off and circling what I will make for the week and then composing my grocery list. Oh, and I am starring the ones everyone really likes.

I’ll report back to you and let you know how it goes.

This post is goofy, I know, but I just love Dave so much! I don’t want him to have to ask me to wash, well, you know! Summer La La Land sayonara!! It will still be fun, we will still have sun, just clean underpants too!!

20 Comments on Free Printable + Summer La La Land

1. thesisterslice
    July 5, 2013 at 7:44 am (10 months ago)

I LOVE this! I’m printing it off. You know I dig posts like this. Home organization, funny stories and recipes. GO GIRL> keep washin’ those drawers…

July 5, 2013 at 7:52 am (10 months ago)

YAY! You can join me in my crazy list making!! I feel 10x more on top of things now! xo Kristin

July 5, 2013 at 8:20 am (10 months ago)

see, this is why my husband does all the laundry. and folds it. i think i am perpetual la la land. and yes, he really does.

July 5, 2013 at 8:28 am (10 months ago)

Lucky. There was the great sweater incident of 2002. Dave hasn’t done laundry since. A few months after we first got married, he washed all my wool sweaters and dried them in the dryer trying to be helpful. He felt so terrible about it and we just agreed from that point on I would be in charge of the laundry. LOL. I laugh now…

3. Julia @cuckoo4design
    July 5, 2013 at 9:19 am (10 months ago)

LOL, I think I would have told my hubby to go wash them if they are dirty. And yes he has also dried my wool sweaters but I’m not letting him get off the hook that easily ;) I force him to do laundry every now and then and he does but he never cleans anything else.
    I’d love to come up with a meal plan too and that is one heck of a cleaning list.

July 8, 2013 at 9:29 am (10 months ago)

LOL, I may have gone a little clean happy making that list! xo Kristin

4. jackie
    July 5, 2013 at 9:42 am (10 months ago)

love your lists! i’ve been slacking a bit on my “chores” too since i’ve been trying to enjoy summer, so i totally feel you. and what a great idea to have printed out menus. now i just need to learn a few more meals to make!
    – jackie @ jade and oak
    design in your home link up

July 8, 2013 at 9:27 am (10 months ago)

Thanks Jackie :) I feel like I got to get it together again! Summer la la land is over…I think…you never know I could get sucked back in! xo Kristin

July 5, 2013 at 9:44 am (10 months ago)

:-) you made me laugh when reading this! :-)
    don’t worry about those unwashed you know what !!! I am in summer la la la right now too! I am trying to spend as much time as I can with my little one outside and I haven’t been productive, not much is getting done inside right now! :-) I’ve tried many times to sit down at the table and create my own meal planner but don’t know why I never finish it! ;-) I like your taco night, pizza night for Sundays
    & really like your clean it like you mean it too! :-)

July 8, 2013 at 9:25 am (10 months ago)

I think I am just the type of person that craves some order in life. If things start slacking I got to shape them up! It is relaxing to me as strange as that sounds. xo Kristin

6. annie @ anniehearts.com
    July 5, 2013 at 2:03 pm (10 months ago)

What a great blog! You have a great sense of style.

I like your posts on thrifting. That’s one of my favorite things to do too. :)

I just recently started my own blog. I’d love it if you would come and check it out when you get a chance!

Anyway, I’ll definitely be back!

Annie XO

July 8, 2013 at 9:24 am (10 months ago)

Thanks so much Annie :) Congrats on your new blog. I just adore blogging and the the DIY/design community. Get ready to have some fun!! xo Kristin

7. jlhoneyman
    July 5, 2013 at 9:41 pm (10 months ago)

Been there! Mmmmm…maybe AM there… :)

July 8, 2013 at 9:23 am (10 months ago)

LOL, it feels good to get a little order up in here again :P xo Kristin

8. Erin
    July 6, 2013 at 3:21 pm (10 months ago)

Have you looked into Plan to Eat? When I was planning meals I found it really useful. I think there is a free trial. There is also a Plan to Eat boot camp on inspiredtoaction.com that was helpful.

July 8, 2013 at 9:21 am (10 months ago)

Thanks Erin :) No, I haven’t, I’ll check it out! xo Kristin

9. laura
    July 7, 2013 at 7:51 pm (10 months ago)

Hi Kristen! I just passed on a nomination for a blog award to you. Come check out the post! I just put it up tonight. Hope you are getting through the dirty laundry and clean out! I did one this week too. 5 full garage bags donated! Feel like I lost weight or something!!

July 8, 2013 at 9:19 am (10 months ago)

That’s very sweet Laura :) Thanks! xo Kristin

10. Amelia @ Monograms 'n Mud
    July 10, 2013 at 9:58 pm (9 months ago)

Love the lists. I am right there with you when it comes to “eating condiments” if I don’t meal plan. Problem is I never get around to making one. Can’t wait to give your daily selection list a try and see if that solves the problem. Now, any suggestions for the permanent state of child induced la-la land?

Thanks a bunch!