Kitchen Backsplash Options

Kitchen Possible!

Well, it’s been a little bit since our last Kitchen Possible! update. We finally settled on what we want for our countertops. It’s so funny too, because it’s right back where we began! Carrara marble folks! We looked through online images, shopped our local suppliers, touched, sniffed, and licked just about every countertop option. I’m only joking about the sniffing and licking, but it felt like we might as well! Nothing compared to the Carrara marble so we are going to go for it and I am going to extensively research how to properly care for it.

Now we are onto backsplash options. A beautiful tile backsplash can really add beauty and interest to a kitchen design. Not only are they easy to clean, but they can be done in so many patterns.

Here’s some of the options we are considering.

Herringbone Backsplash
Herringbone Backsplash {via}

I really love this pattern. I would probably do white tile since our countertops will be marble.

Glass Tile Backsplash

Glass Tile {via}

I really love this in an aqua or mint blue. I just can’t decide if I want to bring color in the room this way.

Subway Tile Backsplash

subway tile {via}

This is so classic and traditional. It never goes out of style. It also looks good against a marble countertop.

Mosaic Tile Backsplash

Mosaic Tile {via}

I really like this modern twist on a mosaic. Very beautiful indeed!

Honeycomb Tile Backsplash

honeycomb {via}

Octagonal patterns are popping up once again. Fabrics, lighting, and tile are all featuring this pattern. I really love it with the open shelving.

Stainless Steel Backsplash

Stainless {via}

This is so different and chic. I like the smaller tiles for this and how it catches the light.

Decisions, decisions…

Have a great weekend!!

th_127015651961492530_AAnBnFoE_f

Connect with Bliss at Home:

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Instagram

10 Comments on Kitchen Backsplash Options

1. Steph
    April 27, 2013 at 7:22 am (1 year ago)

Great options! You really can’t go wrong with any of them I don’t think. I’ve seen the herringbone pattern done with the white tile and it’s beautiful. The herringbone is subtle but it’s still more interesting than doing the standard staggered tile look of subway tile. I also really love those hex tiles! Looking forward to seeing what you choose :)

2. Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home
    April 27, 2013 at 8:32 am (1 year ago)

Kind of love them all! For me, I would stick with neutrals, would worry I’d tire of the aqua or the stainless over time, even though they’re both gorgeous. That herringbone is really striking and I like the octagonal me too. Such fun!

3. april hoff
    April 27, 2013 at 1:00 pm (1 year ago)

I pretty much love every option for your backsplash…how will you choose? :)

4. Julia @ cuckoo4design
    April 27, 2013 at 1:27 pm (1 year ago)

Love all the tiles you like. And I’m still not decided with my backsplash either.
    Can’t wait to see your marble!

April 27, 2013 at 8:20 pm (1 year ago)

glad you finally decided to go with the Carrera marble! I choose granite instead but would’ve really preferred the Carrera marble! :-) all the pics you showed us all look great! I like the honeycomb tiles!

6. Gilit @ Shoes Off Please
    April 27, 2013 at 9:08 pm (1 year ago)

These are all beautiful options! Seriously, I love them all. I vote for one of the top two because I can’t stop staring at them but I am sure any of them would look fab!

7. Jennifer @ Brave New Home
    April 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm (1 year ago)

Those are all great options. Personally, I like the herringbone. I’ve always been a fan of glass but I brought some home and it somehow felt too bathroom-ish to me, I was sorta surprised. Can’t see which one you pick!

8. Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno
    April 30, 2013 at 10:40 am (1 year ago)

There are soooo many beautiful options…good luck narrowing it down! I can’t even decide which is my favorite!! :0

May 1, 2013 at 9:17 am (1 year ago)

I know, right?! I am at a loss. This will be a harder decision than the countertops!! xoxo K