DIY Monday: Organization Station

Organization Station

One of the first DIY’s I ever posted was this Fabric & Nailhead Pinboard. If you were a follower of the blog then, you may remember it or  if you want a refresher you can check out the full tutorial here.

Organization Station

Guilty Blogger Confessions  Well, it hasn’t really served it’s purpose. I originally made it for an office (that I haven’t even started on) and then it sat against a wall for a while.  Around the holidays, I used it on my fireplace only because I didn’t have anything else to put there.

Holiday Sparkle

Well, after a trip to the Target Dollar Spot I found some items to breathe new life into my board.

Target Dollar Spot Finds

Here’s what I came up with using these items and things I already had around the house…We have a tight entrance off our garage that lands right into our kitchen. It is a major drop zone, especially during the school year. Adding the coat rack really helped but we still needed an area to put the out-the-door essentials and I wanted a mommy command center of sorts.

Small Space Drop Zone

For the board, I glued the arrow clips and 3 strong magnets on it using Quick Grip Adhesive. I chose that adhesive because it is strong and like the name–quick. The small metal buckets I wanted on magnets so I or the kids could grab them and set them on the table when we want to use the contents. We seem to do everything at our kitchen table–eat, homework, art projects, and the list goes on…

Fabric Board

Fabric Board

We added a key rack, charging station and used baskets from around the house. The basket right on top we can put library books and movies to return, scratch paper, and other grab and go items. Along the fridge we have our giant calendar. I think life just seems more in order on a giant calendar. This one is from the Organizher line by Mead and I love it because it has a spot for every family member’s schedule and a meal planner. On the fridge we have a spot for mail, a note pad for shopping lists, and more clips for more important papers or invitations.

Mommy Command Center

On the shelves I have binders with our important home information and a basket full of crayons and paper for my little guy. I used the magazine holders to hold all my cook books.

Organizaging a Drop Zone

This old microwave cart was donated to us you could say, and it was given a little spray paint makeover. This is such a small space but now it functions for our family.

P1110219

Have a great Monday!!

linking to here:

WWWYHbutton6

Inspire Me Blog Hop

The Inspiration Gallery at Design, Dining, & Diapers

It's Overflowing

th_127015651961492530_AAnBnFoE_f

Connect with Bliss at Home:

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Instagram

Comments

1. jlhoneyman says

Perfect solution, and great spot for it too right between the door and kitchen. Those are always the major drop spots for us too. Love Target’s Dollar Spot!

2. Anna says

you want a project at my house?…THAT IS IT!!! you have seen my cluster of a back door entry (essentially 4 doorways in less that 5 feet. and where everything gets dropped…literally (thank you small children who live in my house) I NEED YOU!!!! please? <3

• BLISS AT HOME says

I should experiment and keep track of every cent we spend at Target. I know they get a lot of our $! xo Kristin

3. says

Kristen, this is such a creative use of space! I love how functional and beautiful it is. Wishing I had a place like this in my home :). Well done Momma!!

• BLISS AT HOME says

Thanks, Ingrid :) It’s hard to be the only girl in the house sometimes, LOL. I want a feminine touch but I have to keep my boys in mind. If I ever start my office that will be my ultra girly place. xo Kristin

• BLISS AT HOME says

Hi, Kelly :) Thanks! I feel so with it, I need to go look in the mirror and see if it’s really me! xo Kristin

4. says

I just live how you’ve used this space. I’m a huge advocate for using every square inch of your home and this is such a great example:) I may have to incorporate something like this in our upcoming laundry/mushroom revamp.

5. says

Drop Zone…I love that term. That’s just what I need to add to our next home (house shopping right now). Our current drop zone is on the kitchen table and we spend way too much time shifting the piles so we can eat/write/design etc… This is a great solution. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!
    Lori in Atlanta

• BLISS AT HOME says

Hi, Lori :) I understand the kitchen table thing, that’s for sure! Glad you like our drop zone. Thanks for stopping by! xo Kristin

6. says

Love the command center! I so neeeeeed that! I am going to make a command center closet really soon, thanks for the tips and ideas!
    Krista

7. Kellie says

I just found your blog and really like this solution. Would you mind sharing the source of your charging station?

8. colleen says

So awesome I have been looking for something like this for our little section of the kitchen. where is the charging station from, I like how it has individual spots for the phones, ipods, etc. thanks for sharing.

9. Sara D says

Hello there! I just found this post via Pinterest, as I am working on our kitchen command center….I must ask- where did you find your mail holders that are on the fridge??
    Thank you!

• BLISS AT HOME says

Hi Kristin :) It was from Target a couple years ago, but I see them everywhere now. You shouldn’t have too much trouble finding one. xoxo

Trackbacks