Holiday Sparkle

Good Morning!

One of the things I love about design blogging is that you get to collaborate with other bloggers, professionals, and businesses. With the holidays around the corner a lot of my recent collaborations are due soon. Oh, darn! I have to start my holiday decorating early. Bwahahahaha!

Without giving too much away, I wanted to share this little corner holiday vignette with you for some pre-holiday inspiration. My kids are loving that we get to decorate early! Dave is surprisingly supportive of this too! Love having such a supportive family!

The inspiration for this is modern glam. I wanted to create a modern, luxe holiday space that still had the sparkle of a traditional holiday. I am very into metallics this season, so silver and gold are a major color element. Black adds more interest and contrast. The creams and grays soften it a bit. I also wanted lots of texture. You know I love me some texture!

This is a collected vignette done on a budget. All accessories and decor have been thrifted, made by hand, or on clearance. You can create a beautiful, elegant holiday setting and not spend a lot of money. I love to re-use items I already have.

Source list:

Tufted Occasional Chairs: Sofa Mart clearance

Pedestal Table: Flea Market and given a makeover

Magazine Rack: Target Threshold Clearance

Fur Throw: TJ Maxx

Chevron Pinboard: Handmade with thrifted corkboard, fabric Hobby Lobby, nailheads Hancock Fabrics

Glitter Deer Art: Handmade materials from Michaels

Ornament Trees: Handmade with ornaments from the thrift store and purchased base and stands at a garage sale

Silver Sequin Pillow Cover: Hobby Lobby

Gold and Cream Wood Grain Pillow: Target Patch NYC clearance

Black and White Pillows: Target Threshold Clearance

Pinecones: Free outside, just added glitter

Silver Hammered Metal Charger: Thrifted

Square china plate: TJ Maxx

Gray Chenille Blanket: Target Clearance

13 Comments on Holiday Sparkle

November 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks! I am loving all the gold, silver, gray, and black this season :) xo Kristin

1. Sarah {Lacquer & Linen}
    November 9, 2012 at 1:31 pm (2 years ago)

This looks so cozy, I just wanna curl up and drink some candy cane tea! I love that magazine rack- can’t believe its Threshold! Great job Kristin, everything looks great!

November 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks, Sarah! Candy cane tea…never tried that! Might have to :) I know, right? The magazine rack looks expensive, so not! xo Kristin [Cyber-hugs]

2. Sophie33
    November 9, 2012 at 4:09 pm (2 years ago)

My husband says to do this after Sinterklaas has been here, after December the 6th!

November 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm (2 years ago)

LOL, yes we are getting started a little bit earlier this year ;) xo Kristin

3. sophierose16
    November 10, 2012 at 11:12 pm (2 years ago)

Hi It’s Sophie From Chilliwack

I love your Deign i just want to take it and put it in my parents living room. Love Love it. love the colours you chose and the sparkles I love sparkles. Men when I grow up and have my own house I want you to deign it men that is so beautiful your a good deign.

Have a question how long did it take to do all of that? Did your boys and husband help you?

Love love the work you did Sophie

November 11, 2012 at 7:37 am (2 years ago)

Thanks so much Sophie :) No, it did not take long at all. Everything was that was crafted was made ahead of time and I just had to set everything. I am getting ready for a couple collaborations with other bloggers so I was playing around and liked the look so I snapped a couple shots for inspiration. My husband is working in our kitchen remodel today and my boys are more into decorating the tree so I was all on my own. You are so kind. Thanks for reading! xo Kristin

4. Jeni Johnson
    November 11, 2012 at 6:34 am (2 years ago)

I’m really loving the corner! What a dazzler! Did you get rid of the green chairs? Having those re-fabriced?

November 11, 2012 at 7:41 am (2 years ago)

Thanks, J! No, I just like to rearrange once in awhile. I so want to recover those chairs one day. I don’t know if I want to take that on myself or hire an upholsterer. It’s beginning to look festive around here :)

5. Catie Carey
    December 4, 2012 at 5:49 pm (2 years ago)

Hi again Kristin! I’m having so much fun exploring your blog! PS LOVE THE ORNAMENT TREES! :-D

December 4, 2012 at 6:31 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks, Catie! I am glad you are loving it! xo Kristin

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Holiday Sparkle

1. […] for this week’s “Tips & Tricks”, I want you to checkout her post on Holiday Sparkle.  Okay, I actually want you to check out her entire blog – it’s […]