Crazy About Stripes

Today I am~

I am back after my unexpected break. I have so many blogs to read and catch up on! This weekend I decided to mix things up a bit in my entryway. It just played a little too boring for me.

A little cutie just woke up from his nap…so picture taking was a bit of a challenge…

So, obviously, the inspiration for this is stripes. I love stripes. They are timeless, they can be elegant, and add interest.

I decided to do this on a whim this Saturday. Have you ever tried to paint straight lines on textured walls before? Well, let me tell you, it is tedious to say the least. But, I did it! (Just to give you an idea of scale, these are 10-inch stripes.)

After painting them, I realized I have at least four sweaters in my closet that look like this! Maybe that was the inspiration– I just didn’t realize it until afterwards.

I think it turned out pretty great, what do you think?

I also did a few changes with the decor for Thanksgiving.

I moved a couple of things around too…

I am happy with it. It adds a little interest and separates the spaces between the living room and entryway. I feel like it really anchors the space.

Have a great Tuesday!

1. says

I’m addicted to stripes, and I’ve never thought about striping a wall! I love it, and love the colors you chose. Very soothing.

Nice chevron umbrella stand, too!

• says

Thanks so much! I hear that! What would have taken maybe an hour tops, got spread out over a couple days. Textured walls are so hard to paint designs on. I should of remembered that from when it took me forever to paint designs in the nursery. I pressed on and did it anyways, and now I love it :) xo Kristin

• says

Thanks, Eva! You are the sweetest blogger friend! I turned 34 this Saturday. I’m such a DIY nerd and wanted to spend my weekend painting stripes on my walls! I received lots of little people hugs and kisses and my husband spoiled me. I feel very lucky indeed 😉 Have a great day! xo Kristin

• says

It was a challenge. I taped with the regular blue painters tape. My walls are textured, so I went back over each stripe and evened out the uneven parts by hand with a small art brush. It was very very tedious! It would have been much easier on regular smooth walls. xo Kristin

2. Page says

What are the colors? I’m looking for something to go with my navy wall and I like the darker color stripe you have with it!

• BLISS AT HOME says

Hi Page, it is an older color, but it is Valspar paint that we had tinted to our specifications. Sorry I don’t have a color name for you. xo Kristin