Crazy About Stripes

GOOD MORNING!

Today I am~

I am back after my unexpected break. I have so many blogs to read and catch up on! This weekend I decided to mix things up a bit in my entryway. It just played a little too boring for me.

BEFORE & AFTER

A little cutie just woke up from his nap…so picture taking was a bit of a challenge…

So, obviously, the inspiration for this is stripes. I love stripes. They are timeless, they can be elegant, and add interest.

I decided to do this on a whim this Saturday. Have you ever tried to paint straight lines on textured walls before? Well, let me tell you, it is tedious to say the least. But, I did it! (Just to give you an idea of scale, these are 10-inch stripes.)

After painting them, I realized I have at least four sweaters in my closet that look like this! Maybe that was the inspiration– I just didn’t realize it until afterwards.

I think it turned out pretty great, what do you think?

I also did a few changes with the decor for Thanksgiving.

I moved a couple of things around too…

I am happy with it. It adds a little interest and separates the spaces between the living room and entryway. I feel like it really anchors the space.

Have a great Tuesday!

23 Comments on Crazy About Stripes

1. Jayne
    October 30, 2012 at 7:31 am (1 year ago)

those stripes make the space!

2. Jorie
    October 30, 2012 at 7:57 am (1 year ago)

I’m addicted to stripes, and I’ve never thought about striping a wall! I love it, and love the colors you chose. Very soothing.

Nice chevron umbrella stand, too!

October 30, 2012 at 8:45 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Jorie :) It’s amazing that something as simple as stripes can make such a huge difference! xo Kristin

October 30, 2012 at 8:47 am (1 year ago)

Awhh! Thanks so much! xo Kristin

3. littlehousebigheart
    October 30, 2012 at 9:09 am (1 year ago)

They’re gorgeous! I really wish our house didn’t have texture everywhere so I could stripe and stencil to my heart’s content!

October 30, 2012 at 9:26 am (1 year ago)

Thanks so much! I hear that! What would have taken maybe an hour tops, got spread out over a couple days. Textured walls are so hard to paint designs on. I should of remembered that from when it took me forever to paint designs in the nursery. I pressed on and did it anyways, and now I love it :) xo Kristin

4. Leah
    October 30, 2012 at 9:11 am (1 year ago)

Love that you added stripes but only to a small section of a wall and not the entire thing. Looks fab!

October 30, 2012 at 9:27 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Leah :) I wanted to break this long monster of a wall up and define the entry way space more. I needed an anchor and this did the trick ;) xo Kristin

5. Healthy Glow Nutrition
    October 30, 2012 at 9:13 am (1 year ago)

I love it! I hope I didn’t miss your birthday my fellow Scorpio, and if I did, I wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday and all the Best to YOU and yours for the upcoming year and beyond! xoxo Éva

October 30, 2012 at 9:30 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Eva! You are the sweetest blogger friend! I turned 34 this Saturday. I’m such a DIY nerd and wanted to spend my weekend painting stripes on my walls! I received lots of little people hugs and kisses and my husband spoiled me. I feel very lucky indeed ;) Have a great day! xo Kristin

• Healthy Glow Nutrition
        October 30, 2012 at 10:02 am (1 year ago)

My pleasure! I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday weekend :) Have a great day as well! xo Éva

6. Apartment Envy
    October 30, 2012 at 10:29 am (1 year ago)

LOVE the stripes! It looks awesome!

7. busyomahamom
    October 30, 2012 at 1:51 pm (1 year ago)

How do you keep your stripes so crisp and clean? I always get paint on one side even with the more expensive painting tapes. It is very cute!!

October 30, 2012 at 2:07 pm (1 year ago)

It was a challenge. I taped with the regular blue painters tape. My walls are textured, so I went back over each stripe and evened out the uneven parts by hand with a small art brush. It was very very tedious! It would have been much easier on regular smooth walls. xo Kristin

8. popsiclesandpinatas
    October 30, 2012 at 3:37 pm (1 year ago)

Wow this looks awesome! I love the colour of your wall with the white. It looks so crisp and clean. Great job!

Michelle

October 30, 2012 at 4:08 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Michelle! xo Kristin

9. Sarah
    October 30, 2012 at 6:31 pm (1 year ago)

What a fun change-up! Love it.

10. Page
    November 11, 2013 at 10:50 am (5 months ago)

What are the colors? I’m looking for something to go with my navy wall and I like the darker color stripe you have with it!

November 11, 2013 at 7:20 pm (5 months ago)

Hi Page, it is an older color, but it is Valspar paint that we had tinted to our specifications. Sorry I don’t have a color name for you. xo Kristin