Thankful.

I need to take a moment to say a big thank-you to all of you who poured out your prayers and support! I was very hesitant to share this piece of my life on my blog. Whenever you put your transparent self out there for all to see, you know judgement inevitably follows. The truth is, all I felt was love and encouragement! It blessed me so much for all you to share your stories and encouragements.

The big update. As of Friday, I was doubly blessed when a dear friend insisted on coming over to help me. My blissful house was looking more like an episode off of Hoarders. It’s amazing how quickly things on the home front go haywire when momma can’t handle the regular tasks and chores. I was able to go the doctor and get the care I needed. I got an IV full of fluid and vitamins, my blood work checked, and a scan of my organs and GI tract. I am on a short-term course of meds to heal and manage my pain and hopefully will be back to regular life shortly.

So, I am so sorry to depart from my regular schedule of home inspiration, but I need to get this body back on track. I am on bed rest for the next couple days. I still accomplished something while lying around.

**I was able to compile a bucket list for fall with my kids. Super-cool! My son was the scribe.

**I will most likely be able to go on the weekend trip this Friday we have had in the works for a while. Friends are coming to join us for a weekend in a cabin and to take in an outdoor play in the woods.

American Players Theatre Springreen, Wisconsin

**And I have been looking forward to a trip to the apple orchard. Apparently, our local orchard survived the big Mid-west drought and has a great crop this year! Hooray!

There’s a lot to get healthy for coming up real soon!

So yet again, thanks to all you for lifting up my spirits!

13 Comments on Thankful.

September 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you! I hope it is the real deal :) Kristin

1. Anna
    September 16, 2012 at 1:43 pm (2 years ago)

love B-man’s list! Also so excited you are feeling better and up for our trip to Wisconsin!!!!!

September 16, 2012 at 1:46 pm (2 years ago)

Well, honestly, I’m not there yet. I am hopeful though. xo

2. busyomahamom
    September 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm (2 years ago)

Hope you feel better!! Love the bucket list!

September 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you! Hope to see a turnaround soon :) xo Kristin

3. Healthy Glow Nutrition
    September 16, 2012 at 10:15 pm (2 years ago)

Get some rest and feel better soon. I love the bucket list! xo <3

4. Victor Ho
    September 17, 2012 at 12:50 am (2 years ago)

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am indeed saddened to read about your battle with Crohn’s. And even more so I am sad to know that insurance excludes your pre existing condition. It wasn’t the original intent of health insurance to do this. But now that it’s a profit/stock issue, the company is more important than patients. As you know healthcare reform will help this problem. I hope it will be in time to aid you. Meanwhile millions go to the ER for care and can access pretty good care. Hospital systems have charity care programs for the uninsured. It’s a possibility. I have done/given some pretty good free care in my career. There is no ‘B’ operation. I’ve probably said too much. But best of luck to you.

September 17, 2012 at 8:54 am (2 years ago)

Well, I am hoping to overturn the decision. I was told by my doctor and many people that it was wrong for them to deny me coverage because I was carrying insurance when we applied and have not gone 6 months with out. My old insurance company is sending a letter to prove I had insurance and they are supposed to give me coverage since it is illegal for them not to. We shall see…Thanks for your insights :) Kristin

September 17, 2012 at 8:54 am (2 years ago)

I know, right?! xo Kristin