Day 16 Fall Countdown

Howdy!

So, my blogging hiatus is over. I am recharged and ready to enter back into my blissful little corner of the blogosphere. Today for our countdown, I am giving you a potpourri of fallspiration.

Day 16

My decorating idea for today is really basic and simple but I think it is quite lovely.

I love this idea of just taking a vase or apothecary jar and positioning just a few leaves in an interesting way. Very simple but striking. I think I am going to do a grouping of these.

Another thing for fall that we always do around here is add some pottery to our regular serveware. We got to pick up a couple of new editions on our trip. I love drinking coffee out of a rustic looking mug this time of year. I happily sip and  get transported back to that wonderful weekend away. We have quite the collection now, but these are getting top billing.

Total bonus that we could purchase the same ones that were in our cottage!

Last but not least, a little teaser of our 10 year anniversary photo shoot. I am going to do a post on my dear friend, Tara, and her photography talents coming up, but she shared this and I have to give you guys a sneak peek! She is so gifted! And it fits the autumn theme we have going here at Bliss…imagine that!

So please go like her on Facebook and check out her webpage and blog at http://www.taramelissa.com.

Get ready for that warm and cozy time of the year!

15 Comments on Day 16 Fall Countdown

September 12, 2012 at 10:06 am (2 years ago)

Tara is the best! xo Kristin

1. twopurplecouches
    September 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm (2 years ago)

Simple decor, but very pretty effect! I think a grouping would look really neat on a mantle or side table. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next! PS – you’re inspiring me to add some autumn decor around my house! I usually just save up all my seasonal decorating for Christmastime, but I think a few glittery pumpkins and leaves will be necessary this year :)

September 12, 2012 at 2:17 pm (2 years ago)

Oh, how fun! I am glad you feel inspired! I usually don’t do much fall decor either, I just keep it simple. I do like fresh pumpkins outside. I let my son help me do some halloween decorating right before the night we trick or treat, but I am the same–I go all out at Christmastime :) Fall decorating for me is more about transitioning my home for the cold to come, blankets, more texture, maybe a few seasonal touches, and bringing lots of natural elements in (wood, leaves, branches, etc.) Happy decorating! xo Kristin

• twopurplecouches
        September 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm (2 years ago)

I love your ideas about bringing in heavier fabrics and natural touches. Those accessories can make the biggest difference! I can’t wait to see your decor ideas for Christmas! ;)

2. Gilit
    September 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm (2 years ago)

Hey! I’ve nominated you for the “Seven Things About Me” blogger award. You can accept or decline. Go to my page to see how it works.

September 12, 2012 at 2:18 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks, Gilit! That is so sweet! I will try to post about it. I feel like I’ve been a bad awards receiver lately! xo Kristin

• Gilit
        September 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm (2 years ago)

There are worse things you could be :)

September 12, 2012 at 2:35 pm (2 years ago)

LOL, so true! xo

September 12, 2012 at 8:39 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you so much! That is so sweet! I will try to do a post on it soon and link back to you :) Kristin

3. Sarah
    September 13, 2012 at 12:16 pm (2 years ago)

Love the simple fall leaves! How gorgeous!