Day 17 Fall Countdown

Day 17

Greetings, y’all! For some reason thinking about fall makes me want to say, y’all..and rhyme apparently! Here’s today’s fallspiration.

Art doesn’t always have to be a picture in a frame. I love that it can be anything you create. I wanted to create the illusion of leaves falling off the branch. I love to watch the leaves dance and twirl as they gently land in a bed of green. Here’s my little piece of fall art.

This is a painted branch from outside and those spray painted craft leaves I’ve been using in a lot of fall projects.

I simply just double knotted my white thread and ran the thread through the leaf. The white thread is almost invisible against the ceiling and I love the simplicity of this. Not overdone but a nice little way to greet fall in your decor.

Enjoy your weekend! Our weather here is shaping up to be perfection. We will be on our anniversary trip all weekend. I plan on checking in and to show a little bit of our wanderings.

Linked up to:

19 Comments on Day 17 Fall Countdown

1. Alex @ northofseven
    September 7, 2012 at 8:03 am (2 years ago)

I’ve been meaning to go hunt down some branches for some time now. Preferably birch for this reason!

September 7, 2012 at 8:10 am (2 years ago)

Yes! I love birch xo Kristin

2. Decofairy
    September 7, 2012 at 9:01 am (2 years ago)

NIce idea!!!

September 7, 2012 at 9:11 am (2 years ago)

Thanks! I used these branches a few years back and made a Christmas chandelier with them and I love to find new ways to use them :) xo Kristin

• Decofairy
        September 7, 2012 at 9:52 am (2 years ago)

It is great to re-use anything!

3. freshlifefindings
    September 7, 2012 at 9:14 am (2 years ago)

Love this idea! So cute and would be perfect for a fall party!

4. texpatstarling
    September 7, 2012 at 1:27 pm (2 years ago)

These posts are almost making me regret I don’t get fall down here, which is quite a feat!

5. Courtney
    September 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm (2 years ago)

Great design. I’m an East Coast girl living in California. What do I miss most? Falling leaves and thunderstorms. Your next project Kristy….thunderstorms, lol.

September 10, 2012 at 9:34 am (2 years ago)

Wouldn’t that be something to try to design! Oh, the east coast in fall, I wish I could be there too! xo Kristin

6. Bella
    September 7, 2012 at 10:03 pm (2 years ago)

Oh my! These are so BEAUTIFUL! And they look so easy and fun to make I really want to try it. How did you make the leaves?
    I would love it if you linked this up to my party, Spark, over at: http://arahbellas.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-fall-yall-september-spark-linky.html
    I see that you are doing a countdown and you can feel free to link up as many posts relating to fall as you would like :)
    I would be thrilled to see you there!
    Bella
    ArahBellas.blogspot.com

September 10, 2012 at 9:35 am (2 years ago)

Thanks so much! I just spray-painted craft store leaves with metallic gold spray paint. Super easy! xo Kristin

7. Wendy
    September 8, 2012 at 7:44 pm (2 years ago)

That is a very cool idea! Makes me wish I didn’t have 10 ft ceilings.

September 10, 2012 at 9:35 am (2 years ago)

Ladders would definitely have to be involved for that one! xo Kristin

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Day 17 Fall Countdown

1. […] I have been working on a little DIY project over here. It’s a small project and is inspired by my current love for Chevron print. I think I may have worn out my Chevron welcome here but I’m going to go out on a limb and hope some of you like it too. I will share it next week but here is a DIY project I am swooning over from Kristin at Bliss. It’s simple, inexpensive to make and would be the perfect inspiration board for me. Check out her cute DIY blog and follow her Fall Countdown. […]