Make a Gallery Wall for Less

Happy Thursday, Friends!

How does an eight piece gallery wall for under $40 sound? Well, here is what I do to save on cost but still have a personalized gallery wall for family photos.

Supplies:

(4) 2-pack 11×14 frames

8 pieces of 8.5/11 cardstock

1 pack of photo corners

Embellishments: I used cardstock and glitter tape. Ribbon works well too.

Your 4×6 or 5×7 snapshots

This is a great way to personalize your wall art to your taste. You could even do a set of botanicals or postcards. I like to do family photos and switch them out with the season.

Directions:

All I do is flip the insert over that came in the frame to the white side and center my cardstock on it. I add my embellishments and then use my photo corners to hold my pictures in place. Super easy! It is so versatile too. If you want to change out photos, the photo corners make that super quick. If you want to change the look all you have to do is change the cardstock. I switched my brown cardstock out for navy today.

I am going to do a lot of these for a gallery wall this winter.

Guess what else I did today…

I picked up a paint sample and I think I got it right the first time. It dried just a tad darker and I love it. Looks like I know what I will be doing when my son is back in school!

Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

12 Comments on Make a Gallery Wall for Less

1. Archana
    August 23, 2012 at 7:59 am (2 years ago)

awesome idea … i cant wait to get marry … have a home and do something like this :)

August 23, 2012 at 8:35 am (2 years ago)

Glad you like it. It is definitely a wallet friendly idea! I use my Michaels coupons and get the frames 40% off or half off. It only cost me $35-for all the frames, scrapbook paper, glitter tape, photo corners, & printing my photos. Have a great Thursday! xoxo Kristin

2. Joe Lockett
    August 23, 2012 at 8:28 am (2 years ago)

Great ideas…. I do the same thing when I’m sampe walls for accent colors!

August 23, 2012 at 8:31 am (2 years ago)

I think it’s a smart thing to do. Pay $2 for a paint sample, and make sure it’s right. I have had people tell me they have painted a room 2-3 times because the color wasn’t right. I always do a sample or samples, don’t want to throw money down the drain :) Kristin

3. thecleverspender
    August 23, 2012 at 8:57 am (2 years ago)

I have been waiting for this post. Thank you! I have similar frames in brushed silver. I got them at Target several years ago – they are actually document frames – they were really inexpensive and came with matting. Anyway…. thank you for the details on how you did this! I love the idea of switching out the pictures for the seasons.

4. Jeni Johnson
    August 23, 2012 at 10:54 am (2 years ago)

Oooooooooohhhhhh I like the photo corners, gives off more of an vintage edge. BTW K- that blue is so beautiful. You and your family are just going to cozy up against that color and feel so relaxed. Deep blue is also said to make those feel safe and secure amd less hungry! YEP. :)

August 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm (2 years ago)

Jeni, I love color theory, how did you know? ;) And if this wall color keeps my healthy eating on track, that’s a win in my book! xoxo Kristin

• thecleverspender
        August 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm (2 years ago)

If that’s the case, I am going to repaint my entire house blue!! LOL!

5. Sarah
    August 23, 2012 at 2:10 pm (2 years ago)

Love the idea of the photo corners! But I’m even more in LOVE with that wall color. I can’t wait to see it on the whole wall! Your room is going to look awesome.

August 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks, Sarah! I can see it in my head, and it does look awesome, now I just got to get to painting! Consider bringing in some gold on the frames…Thanks for reading :) Kristin

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Make a Gallery Wall for Less