It’s DIY Monday, and today is all about the guest room. Be our guest…
Having guests, whether long-term or overnight, is such an opportunity to share your home and shower them with comforts. I have to admit, I do get a little excited when I get a call from someone and they ask to stay with us! I love inviting others over to share our life!
Here are some easy tips, that anyone can do, that will enhance your guest room. These are little to no cost to you. Most of this you could get from around your house.
1. Stock a drawer with kleenex, coasters, and a night-light.
2. Stock a drawer or basket with the overnight essentials. Just in case they forgot to bring something or are staying last-minute, they will be all set!
3. Write them a note. I like to take a frame and just put scrapbook paper in it and use it as a dry erase board. It’s always fun when they leave you a note back too.
4. Put fresh towels in their room so they are all set for that morning shower.
5. Make it personal. I like to put a photo of a memory that I share with that person or place we’ve been together. I also think it’s cool if you add something that they have gifted you.
6. Make the bed as comfy as you can afford. Extra pillows, blankets, and a mattress topper.
7. Gift them something. I like to pass along a good read.
Remember, it’s not about perfection. It’s about giving. It’s not about how great their accommodations are, it’s showing your hospitality to them. You are showing them that they matter and you took the time to provide for them. We all have different budgets, and some of us have the 5-star hotel guest room and some of us have a pull-out sofa. Use what you have and make it a special place for them to lay their head at night.
Happy DIY Monday!